[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who do u like better: George Strait or Garth Brooks?

Scooby

Was reminded that George Strait turned 60 on May 18th. I like him better than Garth, but both are phenomenal. I wanted to download some of their songs from itunes, George is cool like that, but Garth won't let you. U can only get Garth songs on your itunes by burning from a CD. And you can only buy Garth CD's from walmart, his website, or from a used CD store like Hastings (which is what I did). If I remember correctly, a few artists wont let u download their songs from places like itunes--Def Leppard, Kid Rock, the Beatles (maybe)??? Interesting....

I like Garth better, but tickets to see him are REALLY expensive. I'll probably only be able to see him on his "Geezer" tour.

Was reminded that George Strait turned 60 on May 18th. I like him better than Garth, but both are phenomenal. I wanted to download some of their songs from itunes, George is cool like that, but Garth won't let you. U can only get Garth songs on your itunes by burning from a CD. And you can only buy Garth CD's from walmart, his website, or from a used CD store like Hastings (which is what I did). If I remember correctly, a few artists wont let u download their songs from places like itunes--Def Leppard, Kid Rock, the Beatles (maybe)??? Interesting....

I'm no fan of either but a quick search shows that Garth's CDs can be purchased from Amazon. I've never heard of anybody limiting them to such small distribution (yes even selling at all Wal Marts is relatively small). I suspect his music can also be downloaded in other places as well.

PS Pulling music from a CD is usually called "ripping", while "burning" is the process of putting something onto a CD (say making an audio CD from MP3s).

I always thought of George as a true singer (& writer; not much to see in a live show, but great songs) - while I always consider Garth a "performer" - great concerts

Good call.

I like many songs from both.

"I ain't here for a long time

I'm here for a good time

So bring on the sunshine to hell with the red wine

Pour me some moon shine

When I'm gone put it in stone he left nothin behind

I ain't here for a long time

I'm here for a good time." :)

I always thought of George as a true singer (& writer; not much to see in a live show, but great songs) - while I always consider Garth a "performer" - great concerts

George Strait doesn't write any of his songs but definitely knows how to pick them.

COmpare and contrast.

Garth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWPfK_3mbbk

George Strait

I can't believe some actually asked this question. Its like asking "would you rather win powerball or be eaten by a school of 3 piranha?".

Seriously, although I was surprised that people here do appreciate the stuff that Brooks did that wasn't pure crap (some his songs were actually really good and well-written), but obviously he decided early on that he was going to make his money by adding in a bunch of gimmicky pop songs that started what's now a 20+ year trend of pop-country crap.

George Strait, on the other hand, no contest, even his later stuff is good. Where do you think Scotty McCreary's voice came from (well, it's pretty much a rip off of him, Elvis, and with that annoying voice crack that so many country singers do. That's the problem with 90% of American Idol singers, that they're all too young to just try to copy voices they've heard, rather than have their own unique style).