[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hate for the Heat is out of hand

detlef

Nobody to root for in the finals. Hopefully they will at least be good games.

I like the Thunder players, but seeing that motherSNICKERSing lying piece of CHIPS AHOY! Clay Bennet and the rest of his cronies celebrate makes me ill. And Durant was drafted as a Sonic, not a hillbilly SNICKERSing Oklahomo'n...SNICKERS the NBA.

Time for the Celtics to go back home and pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd cause the Heat is on! Back-to-back Eastern Conference championships. Not bad considering this group has only been together for two years. Oh-wo-oh ho, Oh-wo-oh ho. Tell me can you feel it? Tell me can you feel it? Tell me can you feel it? The Heat is on, the Heat is on, the Heat is on. Oh it's on the street, the Heat is on

Edited by electricrelish

Look, Lebron took his show on the road unlike anyone else ever did.

He went live and said I'm leaving.

After holding at least 3 organizations hostage.

Would Bird have done that?

Would Magic have done that?

Would Jordon have done that?

He went live and said he's winning 7 titles. Rah rah or not.

He's a tool.

Miami doesn't want LeBron to win. Miami wants Miami to win.

Look, Lebron took his show on the road unlike anyone else ever did.

He went live and said I'm leaving.

After holding at least 3 organizations hostage.

Would Bird have done that?

Would Magic have done that?

Would Jordon have done that?

He went live and said he's winning 7 titles. Rah rah or not.

He's a tool.

Miami doesn't want LeBron to win. Miami wants Miami to win.

Would LeBron have bailed on Cleveland if they'd surrounded him with the talent that the Lakers and Celtics did Bird and Magic? Of course they didn't bail. They were on stacked teams, playing for historic franchises captained by two of the best GMs in the history of the game.

Oh, and Magic demanded a trade if they didn't fire the coach after his 2nd season or something. Lakers gave into his demands.

Would LeBron have bailed on Cleveland if they'd surrounded him with the talent that the Lakers and Celtics did Bird and Magic? Of course they didn't bail. They were on stacked teams, playing for historic franchises captained by two of the best GMs in the history of the game.

Oh, and Magic demanded a trade if they didn't fire the coach after his 2nd season or something. Lakers gave into his demands.

For me it's not that he left for greener pastures. He had every right to do so. It's the way he went about it. The media circus of his own creation. The live broadcast "interview" to announce the decision. The "not two, not three, not four, not five, blah blah" statements made before playing a single game together. No humility whatsoever. It was seriously over the top. Just makes me want to root against the guy.

It's going to be a heck of a finals. I can not and will not root for OKC. Duane Wade is a punk but so is Hardin. James and Durant I am indifferent. Westbrook v. Bosh. Bosh just seems like a good guy.

It should be exciting basketball.

For me it's not that he left for greener pastures. He had every right to do so. It's the way he went about it. The media circus of his own creation. The live broadcast "interview" to announce the decision. The "not two, not three, not four, not five, blah blah" statements made before playing a single game together. No humility whatsoever. It was seriously over the top. Just makes me want to root against the guy.

I get that and think he should be stuck with that. My only reason for starting this thread was just to laugh at the amount of revisionist history we seem hell bent on doing to vilifiy LeBraon as much as possible.

And loaf's post was yet another example of this.

Cred where cred is due. Heat, in particular Lebron, look so tough. Just a whole different dynamic with Bosh on the floor. Looks to be a high octane finals with two very talented, young and defensive minded(when playing well) teams that score in bunches.

OKC in seven.

Look, LeBron brought this on himself. This isn't a Cleveland thing as evidenced by the fact that someone from NC started the topic.

As such, it's his cross to bear and he will never live it down. Unless he gets 7 titles for the Heat.

Where's the rebuttal to the fact he hogtied 3 franchises while all the while knowing, 3 years earlier, that he and Bosh would be taking their talents to South Beach? You don't have one because there isn't one. He's a JELLY BEAN and deserves the backlash. and more.

The fact that you have to bring up the point is point in and of itself.

Look, LeBron brought this on himself. This isn't a Cleveland thing as evidenced by the fact that someone from NC started the topic.

As such, it's his cross to bear and he will never live it down. Unless he gets 7 titles for the Heat.

Where's the rebuttal to the fact he hogtied 3 franchises while all the while knowing, 3 years earlier, that he and Bosh would be taking their talents to South Beach? You don't have one because there isn't one. He's a JELLY BEAN and deserves the backlash. and more.

The fact that you have to bring up the point is point in and of itself.

Dude, the fact that you think I started this thread to defend LeBron and not to simply point out that I think it's silly that people are so hell-bent on hating him that they're prepared to make things up basically makes my point.

Go ahead and hate LeBron, I get it. He deserves it. What he doesn't deserve is people also pretending players like Bird and Magic singlehandedly won multiple titles, rising up and carrying a bunch of average players along the way while LeBron had to surround himself with top players (and, yes, still may not win any). That's the part that's BS. What he doesn't deserve is people saying "Bird wouldn't have bailed. Magic wouldn't have bailed." Of course they didn't bail, they played for iconic franchises who also happened to be stacked during their careers. Do you honestly think LeBron would have bailed either LA or Boston, especially if he was playing with the caliber of players Bird and Magic had?

Even still, Magic did demand a trade early in his career. But he got his coach fired, so he stayed.

And, again, I'm evern prepared to give you Jordan, even though he did play with a guy who made the NBA all-time list and was with Jordan during his best years. But, whatever.

I'm actually rooting for the Heat. So many have some absurd hate for them I actually kind of want them to win. Maybe just to see the haters go crazy. I like some of the OKC players and I think it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

I'm actually rooting for the Heat. So many have some absurd hate for them I actually kind of want them to win. Maybe just to see the haters go crazy. I like some of the OKC players and I think it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

It's nearly gotten to that point for me as well. Mentioned on the radio this morning; KG and Rondo left the court before the game ended on Saturday. First I heard of it and probably the last. If LeBron does that, I'm about 100% certain I wouldn't have been able to avoid the story this long and we'd be half-way into next week before the madness ended.

It's nearly gotten to that point for me as well. Mentioned on the radio this morning; KG and Rondo left the court before the game ended on Saturday. First I heard of it and probably the last. If LeBron does that, I'm about 100% certain I wouldn't have been able to avoid the story this long and we'd be half-way into next week before the madness ended.

Looks like they apparently left in the last 12 seconds of the game (which at that point was during the dribble out) they didn't stay on to shake hands with the opposing team. I didn't realize the game was still going on when they showed that real time.

LeBron did do that not last year but the year before he did (at least walk off as soon as the game ended and not shake hands or acknowledge the other team) I believe and it was a relatively minor news item.

The difference is that LeBron is the most famous player in the NBA and KG and Rondo are superstars but not at the same level of individual and global fame.

Yes LeBron lives under a microscope - yes the global sports media and fans in general view him in a potentially unfair bright light.

He was an idiot 2 years ago and he's paying for it...I hope with some distance that will fade and we can spend more time analyzing his greatness for his on court abilities than his off court choices around free agency and ridiculous comments about how many titles he wins.

As far as the KG/Rondo stuff...KG is a pyscho he doesn't shakes hands that I've seen after any series win or lose (that's not empirically true, just true in my experience and what I've seen).

Rondo on the other hand seems like sort of a dbag and deservers any bad press he gets from it (and that's from a die hard celtics fan)

Edited by WashingtonD

Looks like they apparently left in the last 12 seconds of the game (which at that point was during the dribble out) they didn't stay on to shake hands with the opposing team. I didn't realize the game was still going on when they showed that real time.

LeBron did do that not last year but the year before he did (at least walk off as soon as the game ended and not shake hands or acknowledge the other team) I believe and it was a relatively minor news item.

The difference is that LeBron is the most famous player in the NBA and KG and Rondo are superstars but not at the same level of individual and global fame.

Yes LeBron lives under a microscope - yes the global sports media and fans in general view him in a potentially unfair bright light.

He was an idiot 2 years ago and he's paying for it...I hope with some distance that will fade and we can spend more time analyzing his greatness for his on court abilities than his off court choices around free agency and ridiculous comments about how many titles he wins.

As far as the KG/Rondo stuff...KG is a pyscho he doesn't shakes hands that I've seen after any series win or lose (that's not empirically true, just true in my experience and what I've seen).

Rondo on the other hand seems like sort of a dbag and deservers any bad press he gets from it (and that's from a die hard celtics fan)

It should have been minor news, but it wasn't.

If OKC continues to protect the ball and make the extra pass like they did starting in game 3 against the Spurs, the Heat are about to walk into a buzzsaw.

This.

That team is so scary good (and not just three of them either) I really think it's them, not the Heat, who have the most potential for seven titles.