[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What other hobbies do ya have

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:coffee: It was fun helpin my kid build his motorcycle. May buy a cheap older bike, build a lift and get one of those fancy chairs with wheels and just take it all apart, fix,clean put brack together, couple problems, i can't wrech forchit and the guy with the bike wants 1700.00, i've overpaid for chit my whole life and don't wanna do it, did some checkin on craigs list and the 1700 looks high compared ta others, i'd like 8-1k and then put 800 in it, it's a 1987 for cryin outloud.

I'll play. Even though FF is not a "hobby" or a "game" but a way of life.

Music

Reading

Watching all kinds of sports on TV...especially the beautiful game.

Pretty much it.

:D

only thing i watch on tv is the weather channel, i guess the last few months i've had to do a ton of reading for work and got onta watchin Netflix on the puter ta get away

I have really bad knees. I don't even have to know what the problem with yours are to say mine are probably just as bad.

Kayak. You can get a good new beginner one for like $250.00 on down if you can find someone with a used one. My Dad is 72 and his doctor made him go get one. Great upper body workout with cardio components and your knees are just along for the ride.

I'll play. Even though FF is not a "hobby" or a "game" but a way of life.

Music

Reading

Watching all kinds of sports on TV...especially the beautiful game.

Pretty much it.

:D

ya, that has happened :huh:

I play a lot of golf and video games.

Used to play tennis competitively but now I just teach from time to time. Also used to play goalie in hockey but my knees can't hold up to it anymore.

Reading - just about everything from fiction to non-fiction depending on my mood, I'm a compulsive amazon shopper for books (for the ipad)

Video games - though kids have taken this away from me by and large I still enjoy hopping online and playing PS3 occasionally

Cooking - nothing relaxes me more than cooking/grilling what have you, my wife is an excellent cook and I've learned a lot over the years from her, fun to be her sous chef or occasionally I take the lead

Wine - is drinking wine a hobby? I don't see why not

Coaching Kids sports - soccer/basketball/baseball for my two who are old enough to play

Reading - just about everything from fiction to non-fiction depending on my mood, I'm a compulsive amazon shopper for books (for the ipad)

Video games - though kids have taken this away from me by and large I still enjoy hopping online and playing PS3 occasionally

Cooking - nothing relaxes me more than cooking/grilling what have you, my wife is an excellent cook and I've learned a lot over the years from her, fun to be her sous chef or occasionally I take the lead

Wine - is drinking wine a hobby? I don't see why not

Coaching Kids sports - soccer/basketball/baseball for my two who are old enough to play

Yes it is.... and when you combine it with searching for wine it becomes an activity also :D

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Wood working. Building furniture and stuff.

I mainly use hand tools since I haven't built my shop yet and do my work on the front porch.

You can get good planes and chisels on ebay and tune them up better than the new stuff.

The only other thing I'd recommend is a Rikon 10" band saw and you can build yer own work bench.

You can get a good start for about a grand.

Yer at home, kills a bunch of time and if you don't feel like listening to anyone, just crank up the band saw.

If yer interested I'll elaborate on buying tools and good "educational" resources.

I volunteer a lot (Public TV Auction, Great Lakes Burning River Fest, Cleveland International Film Festival, Cleveland Foodbank, IX Beer Fest among others)

Collecting Hot Wheels (was just made a Mod on one board)

Seeking out Craft Beer

Watching Sports

Ellipitcal