[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What other hobbies do ya have

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landscaping/gardening is the big one. Nothing more rewarding or therapeutic for me.

I like cooking and grilling too, and exploring new trails and dog parks with the puppy. Also I've watched a movie called Inside Lydia's Ass about 30 or 40 times, so that probably qualifies as a hobby by now.

Training for endurance events, working on a half-ironman right now

Golfing, but only a few times a year

Watching Indycar

Drinking beer/wine and finding interesting new ones

Grilin'

Searching Craig's Lists for deals on items I want, currently seeking a deal on a BGE

However, lately it seems like the first one above is consuming most of my time right now, so I'll be happy after July when it is over.

Um, golf (I'm not very good but enjoy it). I slip in the occasional video game (deus ex HR on PC right now) when I get a spare minute, but the two kiddos and wife make sure there aren't many of those.

Training for marathons or endurance events. Just did a Spartan Race yesterday, that was some crazy sh*t.

Working around the house, general home improvements/repairs.

Coaching my kids sports. Hanging out with them and trying to be a good Dad.

When I get the opportunity: golf, snowboarding, wakeboarding.

RV'ing and fishing.

Swimming, hanging in the pool.

Besides spending a ton of time here?

Running our suburban "farm" with my wife takes a lot of time. Very fun and rewarding, but endless.

Hikes with my wife and our dogs

I like to work out a lot.

Cooking, eating, and drinking are both my career and my favorite hobby.

I used to cycle more than I do but I'm trying to change that.

Motorcycling is the big one, spend lots of weekends riding in SE Ohio and take at least 1 trip a year that is a week long or more.

Watching sports (esp football, auto/bike racing, basketball)

Hiking in the local parks & working out at the gym

Drinking beer (that counts, right?)

Doing the Gladiator on June 16. What did you do for footwear? Any other advice?

Real men run without "footwear".

Motorcycling is the big one, spend lots of weekends riding in SE Ohio and take at least 1 trip a year that is a week long or more.

What are you riding these days? I am on a R1200C Montauk and thinking of upgrading to or adding a touring bike to the stable.

EDIT: My hobbies are cyclical and I have a ton. I pick them up and drop them back down, coming back to each every few years. Ones that have stood the test of time and always come back (or never take a back seat) are:

Motorcycling

Board and Tabletop Games

Fantasy Sports

Golfing

Fishing

Shooting

Edited by Caveman_Nick

What are you riding these days? I am on a R1200C Montauk and thinking of upgrading to or adding a touring bike to the stable.

Currently have multiple bikes (its a sickness, all were bought used at a good price)

- 98 Honda VFR - my main ride for past 5+ years, a fun sporty bike, decent for touring as well, getting older and needs some suspension work (that's in my avatar)

- 06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - nice for commuting running errands, very comfortable upright position

- 99 Triumph Sprint ST - sport touring bike, emphasis on touring, hard saddlebags and top case, just got this last week and will be taking it on a long trip to CO & WY in a few weeks (need to ride it some soon)

From what my friends tell me, the BMW GS are great for touring as well, if you can handle the higher seat. Plenty of optios for touring motorcycles, some more sport oriented, others more luxury or cruising.

I belong to a national sport touring club, check it out http://www.sporttouring.us/

Currently have multiple bikes (its a sickness, all were bought used at a good price)

- 98 Honda VFR - my main ride for past 5+ years, a fun sporty bike, decent for touring as well, getting older and needs some suspension work (that's in my avatar)

- 06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - nice for commuting running errands, very comfortable upright position

- 99 Triumph Sprint ST - sport touring bike, emphasis on touring, hard saddlebags and top case, just got this last week and will be taking it on a long trip to CO & WY in a few weeks (need to ride it some soon)

From what my friends tell me, the BMW GS are great for touring as well, if you can handle the higher seat. Plenty of optios for touring motorcycles, some more sport oriented, others more luxury or cruising.

I belong to a national sport touring club, check it out http://www.sporttouring.us/

:tup:

My decision will come down to a couple of rides. I need to determine if I want to go long distance on a cruiser, for which the Harley FLHTK is the most likely candidate, or go more towards sport touring, for which the K1600GTL is the most likely candidate.

yesterday i mowed the yard and iced my knees so real physical hobbies are pretty much out :coffee:

How old are you? In regard to hobbies, I love to fish and rollerblade. Rollerblading is way better for your body (knees) and just as good of a workout. Fishing for small/largemouth bass is a favorite of mine.

make bowls, fish, hunt and do my best to piss off the radical right.

I'm sure you do three of those quite well.

Yer waaaaay too laid back to piss off the radical right. Plus, most of them can't read.