[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forum App for The Huddle

Just wondering if a forum app could be a possibility for The Huddle at some point. As it is now it's still a bit difficult to navigate on the phone using just the basic browser. I use Tapatalk for my Saints board & it works great for both Android & iPhones.

These forums have a mobile version that you should be getting whenever you access forums.thehuddle.com from a smartphone. IMO it's pretty solid and far more usable than the old lofi version we had before the recent upgrade. So there are no plans to create a specific mobile app for the forums.

The mobile version that you see as a default (from Iphone) is decent for general use... viewing forums, posting, etc. You can also click the "Full Version" button at the bottom of the page to get the "regular" view that you would see from a PC. For example, the mobile version doesn't show the last post/poster when viewing forums from the BOTH forums main page, and it also doesn't give you some of the options that the normal page does, such as editing topics, etc.

Pretty decent mobile version, though, in my opinion... particularly compared to what there was before (like others have said).

For some reason when I go to the main page I get the mobile version, but when I come to the forums on my phone it looks as if I am getting the full version. I've tried logging out, clearing my history, cookies, cache and even deleting my bookmark, but it still looks like I am only get the full version which is fine for just general browsing, but posting is always a hassle because the text box is always bigger than my screen and I can't see half of what I type. Is there a direct link to the mobile version of the forums or another way for me to force it to go to the mobile version?

awesome finally found the mobile button. My phone didn't default either

Yeah, for some reason I have to manually switch from one to the other. When I logged in on my home PC it was still in mobile mode.

• WJW locked this topic