[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

See Ya' In A Week

Chief Dick

Just got back. A great week of family, good food, good fishing, and lots of cold beer.

Quick story:

My 4 year old is absolutely nuts for fishing. I'm sure I've bragged on him before, but here's the latest story:

He and I and my 6 year old are out fishing on the last day. We had sucker minnows out all day with one bite, so not much action. We moved spots and threw out some minnows, and in the meanwhile he pulls a 6" Rap from my tackle box. He's using his Zebco 33, since his spinning rod has the minnow on it. (yes, my 4 year old has a spinning rod, and he knows how to use it :lol: )

So he's throwing this rap around, and says to me: "Daddy, I got one." He'd been casting to the edge of a Josh Gordon bed, so I looked over to make sure he wasn't hung up. Sure enough, his line is moving in the water, so I tell him: "Start reeling. Reel hard and keep your rod tip up." So he gets the fish close to the boat, and the fish is staying down. I tell him: "Lift up your rod tip. Get him out of the weeds."

He lifts up the rod tip all on his own, and proceeds to pull this in.

24" northern, a little under 4 pounds. Not bad for a 4 year old, and all I did was net the fish. Needless to say, all three of us were laughing and excited as hell. Great way to end the week. :tup:

:lol: Awesome story and pic. You should definitely frame that, maybe even send it into some fishing magazines. Perfectly captures a little boy's joy in landing a big one.

I caught lots of fish when I was little and many of them seemed huge to me at the time, but none of them were anywhere near that size. Biggest were trout and bass in the 1-2 pound range, tops.