[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wood Pellet Grills

slambo

My dad wants to get rid of his wood pellet grill and has offerd it to me. I am not reall familiar with these cooking contraptions and I'm curious what advantages or disadvantages they they offer over grills using alternate fuels?. Its a sizable grill and looks like its pretty high quality. Looking for tips, advice and any wood pellet grill knowledge. My space is limited so I'm wondering if its worth taking or not.

Edited by slambo

I have a friend who has a Traeger Grill and he thinks its great. The wood pellets fill into the side so there are no flare ups. Really takes any kind of challenge out of smoking meat, just fill the auger full of pellets, set your tempature and forget about it. You can get several different flavors of pellets too. I would get one myself but the Teager like the Big Green Egg is just out of my budget. You should take it just to try it out if nothing else, I would guess that you wont be disapointed.

Turns out the unit my dad has is an early, high end Traeger from when they were made in the USA. According to him they are now made by the Chicoms and the quality of their current offerings isn't what it once was. Sounds like I need to make space, snag it, and start experimenting. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by slambo