[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wanna adopt a road?

tazinib1

Anyone cleaning that stretch of road would certainly be run down.

I've always had this theory that we should put sex offenders, murderers and those who commit other heinous crimes on road cleaning details and their crime should be printed on the fron and back of a vest they must wear.

Each year tax paying motorists get a "tag" that they can use, say if they're having a bad day, to run down one of these offenders.

Anyway, that stretch of HWY that the Klan adopts will most certainly be the most polluted as people will certainly ensure that they have plenty of work to do.

"We are good, decent Christian Americans," Hanson, the group's "exalted cyclops," added. "What we're trying to do is to work with the local community."

Wouldn't it be rather distracting to see some dude with one large eye in the middle of his forehead cleaning up the side of the road?

Wouldn't it be rather distracting to see some dude with one large eye in the middle of his forehead cleaning up the side of the road?

Not in Union County, GA.

It wouldn't be strange to see some dude with three eyes, either.

If I remember correctly, just a little bit south of St. Louis, the KKK tried to adopt part of Interstate 55. It went to court and it was ruled that the state couldn't stop them from doing so. So, after the adoption went through, the state renamed that part of I-55 "Rosa Parks Highway". I think the KKK didn't re-up their adoption.

If I remember correctly, just a little bit south of St. Louis, the KKK tried to adopt part of Interstate 55. It went to court and it was ruled that the state couldn't stop them from doing so. So, after the adoption went through, the state renamed that part of I-55 "Rosa Parks Highway". I think the KKK didn't re-up their adoption.

:clap:

Yep that was mentioned in the story, though not the part abot Rosa Parks Highway or the KKK group quiting after that.

ETA From the DENIED story that BJ posted

"However, the Missouri Department of Transportation eventually kicked the KKK, a white supremacy group, out of the program because members were not picking up trash as agreed, spokesman Bob Brendel said Monday. The state also named the stretch of I-55 after civil rights activist Rosa Parks, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch."

Edited by stevegrab

You know what's kinda funny? Any of these KKK folks could hide their affiliation with the group, and could theoretically qualify to adopt a child. But the idea that as a group they might adopt a road and help clean it up is just horrific.

Love how these KKK guys are being all defensive

"We're not racists," Chambers said. "We just want to be with white people. - yeah that's what I think of when I read KKK

"I don't see why we can't (adopt the stretch of highway)," she said. "Would it be any different if it was the Black Panthers or something? Someone always has some kind of race card." - imagine that, playing the race card on a bunch of racists (members of the KKK).