[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Mathews, not tough enough?

Gut feeling about who makes the roster?

Hester and McClain have to be near locks, and I was impressed with Brinkley in his limited action last year.

Hester and McClain will make the roster for sure. That leaves Brinkley, Baker, Battle, and Brown (hmmm...killer bees?). I'm guessing either Brinkley or Battle will make the final roster on special teams.

You sound real sold on him, so draft him, I think he will disappoint his owners as he did his first season and even last season the weeks he was a big difference maker for fantasy were fairly scarce. After you draft him and he disappoints I'm sure you'll deny getting sucked into the hype for a player who has so far been a wiff by the Chargers and fantasy owners who burn high picks on him.

Have you ever had a post in which you weren't a JELLY BEAN bag?

McClain will get the GL carries along with any other short yardage situations. He did it at Blt with a better RB in tootin' the rock. Shoot he may get more touches than that when Mathews gets dinged, which will happen.

Haven't read this anywhere. Mathews was extremely effective in his limited chances inside the ten. I think you're underrating Mathews and overhyping McClain.

• 3 weeks later...

He has too much injury history for me to feel comfortable hitching my ffl championship wagon to him. I don't deny his talent or his potential, but I wouldn't draft him withou making sure I had his handcuff, and at this point, do we even know who that is?

Last year I went against my personal mantra of drafting injury prone players and grabbed McFadden in the 3rd round. I drafted Blount in the 4th as protection and still intended to draft Bush to handcuff but someone took him way too early. McFadden goes down with an injury, Tampa Bay's offense craps the bed, and I'm stuck holding the bag after a hot start. I missed the playoffs for maybe the second time in 10 years. Never again. I'll let someone else roll the dice. Sure, if he stays healthy they win. However, it's my experience that you don't consistently make your league playoffs by rolling the dice early. If you want to take a chance later on in your draft, by all means go for it. I've drafted Stafford the last two years in the 9th round or later, and finally hit on him last year, but that's not the same as burning your first round pick. Give me Forte with a late first round pick instead.

Edited by Tripleshot

Colston only missed three weeks with the same injury. Worse case scenario he's back week 3.

He missed two games last year and was still the RB7.

Still like him as RB6 with him missing the first two weeks of the season.

Your projections change like a tote board at a busy race track. Smarten up and start listening to me and you might have a shot at winning something some day sonny boy :thinking:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

He won't be out long. Will be back in plenty of time for a couple more injuries this season yet.

Lol.

At least he did us the favor of injuring himself early on this season, so we can answer all the questions about his durability in plenty of time before we draft.

4-6 weeks sounds manageable until it turns into 6-8 weeks and then you've started the season 1-3 because your run game sucks and you're possibly 2 games back in the division already. The nooses of Norv and AJ would be getting pretty tight.

So, the questions are.....will they bring in some talent to shore up the RBs or go from within? Colston came back quickly from this injury but Tony Romo did not and, unlike both of those guys, Matthew's healing clavicle will be getting hit on nearly every play (running or blocking).