[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else have problems renewing their subscription ?

MustOfBeenDrunk

Seem every year I have problems renewing ,, basically because I always use my ATM and I get a new ATM card issued every (6) months for security reasons , I use it for a lot of on-line purchases so to help protect against on-line theft of my card # I ask for a new number every (6) months.

The problem this year though is I called (3) times to renew over the phone and all (3) times got a person who couldn't speak or understand English.

A waste of 30 minutes and still have not been able to renew ,,

Oh well I will try again in a few minutes ,, they have to have at one person that speaks English

In fairness, no one has really mastered this whole e-commerce phenomenon yet. Someday there will be software that merchants can buy that will process credit card transactions, but that technology is probably a decade away.

In fairness, no one has really mastered this whole e-commerce phenomenon yet. Someday there will be software that merchants can buy that will process credit card transactions, but that technology is probably a decade away.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. Like many I do some buying online. These past few weeks I placed orders with several companies I had not dealt with before. I even bought my first item on ebay, used paypal to charge it to my credit card (don't have a paypal account because I don't need one). Everything went fine as far as placing orders, paying for them, selecting shipping etc. (One item was incorrectly shipped and the supplier quickly corrected that.)

Most large businesses can handle these things well, if they want repeat business they have to. The key is when the automated online experience cannot deliver, having some competent people who can speak to and understand the customer in their native language. I'm kind of surprised that somebody as small as The Huddle (while big in FFB they're small in the larger web e-commerce world) is using outside customer service to handle things.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. Like many I do some buying online. These past few weeks I placed orders with several companies I had not dealt with before. I even bought my first item on ebay, used paypal to charge it to my credit card (don't have a paypal account because I don't need one). Everything went fine as far as placing orders, paying for them, selecting shipping etc. (One item was incorrectly shipped and the supplier quickly corrected that.)

Most large businesses can handle these things well, if they want repeat business they have to. The key is when the automated online experience cannot deliver, having some competent people who can speak to and understand the customer in their native language. I'm kind of surprised that somebody as small as The Huddle (while big in FFB they're small in the larger web e-commerce world) is using outside customer service to handle things.

I'll let a Huddle rep answer, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that since they are owned by the USAToday Sports media Group (which owns quite a few of the major fantasy football sites, like FBG), they may have little say in who is used for the customer service lines, as USAToday probably outsources a single company to handle all of their FF sites.

Of course, I could be wrong, but my basic business sense says this is what is going on.

I'll let a Huddle rep answer, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that since they are owned by the USAToday Sports media Group (which owns quite a few of the major fantasy football sites, like FBG), they may have little say in who is used for the customer service lines, as USAToday probably outsources a single company to handle all of their FF sites.

Of course, I could be wrong, but my basic business sense says this is what is going on.

I was not aware of that, I thought the Huddle was still some small independent company owned and operated by DMD/WW and whoever else.

I was not aware of that, I thought the Huddle was still some small independent company owned and operated by DMD/WW and whoever else.

None of these sites like the Huddle (FFtoolbox, FBG, fantasy sharksr) are independently owned and operated. I don't know what the operational structure and such is like, or what their corporate overlords dictate to them over their lunches of virgin blood and slave entrails, but the internet isn't nearly as independent as you might think it is....

• 1 month later...