[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely disgusts me

gbpfan1231

When I think back to middle school, I have a hard time envisioning even the biggest sh*tbags ever treating an old lady that way. It's pretty shocking and difficult for me to comprehend. I want to bitch slap all of them really hard over and over until they scream and cry.

I equally don't understand her just sitting there and taking it though.

Those kids should spend a year in Juvenile Hall and their parents should also do time in county jail. It is beyond time to punish horrible bullying behavior. I blame the parents more than then their horrible children.

Where did these kids learn to do this?

Those kids should spend a year in Juvenile Hall and their parents should also do time in county jail.

granted, I did not watch the video, but this second part seems a little harsh. I believe in most cases that parents are responsible for who their kids turn into, but this seemed to not be their normal behavior. Kids are cruel sometimes, especially in groups. All they need to understand bullying is to turn on any of the 24 hour news channels. Do the parents need to address this, absolutely. Do the kids need to be punished? Absolutely. This could also be a great learning tool for them (and seems in some cases that it has been).

Watched a follow up to that story this morning on the Today Show. 3 of the kids and their parents wrote appology letters to the woman. With age comes wisdom and this woman doesn't want to punish these kids only to have a sit down with them to see if they understand the hurt they caused by their actions. Also anonymous donars have raised close to half a million dollars to give to the woman so she can retire and go on a nice vacation. So looks like it ended pretty well.

Watched a follow up to that story this morning on the Today Show. 3 of the kids and their parents wrote appology letters to the woman. With age comes wisdom and this woman doesn't want to punish these kids only to have a sit down with them to see if they understand the hurt they caused by their actions. Also anonymous donars have raised close to half a million dollars to give to the woman so she can retire and go on a nice vacation. So looks like it ended pretty well.

`

I don't think I would say it ended well - I am thinking the hurt that woman felt will stay with her a long long time.

A few thoughts:

1) The kids behavior was abhorrent.

2) I have no doubt that this sort of behavior happens many times every day across America (only with the recipient of the abuse being another child).

3) I would have thought that the whole point of having a bus monitor would have been to prevent this sort of thing from happening to begin with. :shrug:

I moved every 3 years growing up. Every borderline jacka$$ in school was going to make sure he wasn't going to be "that guy" by making sure the new guy was. I lived 100X worse that what I saw on that video. Life wasn't better way back when and these kids ain't that unusual.

I'm not sure what the answer is but throwing kids in jail sure doesn't strike me as a viable solution. They are just kids being a$$holes. Some of you want to riot over your right to be unhealthy as possible by consuming gallons of Coke but some preteens want to exercise their right to be a$$holes and all of a sudden we are a nation in crisis? They apologized, their parents apologized. I'll bet most of them are decent people. Everybody's better for the experience so carry on.

Those kids should spend a year in Juvenile Hall and their parents should also do time in county jail. It is beyond time to punish horrible bullying behavior. I blame the parents more than then their horrible children.

Where did these kids learn to do this?

Someone who wants people jailed because of things they said does not understand the brilliance of the constitution. Fact.

I moved every 3 years growing up. Every borderline jacka$$ in school was going to make sure he wasn't going to be "that guy" by making sure the new guy was. I lived 100X worse that what I saw on that video. Life wasn't better way back when and these kids ain't that unusual.

?Yep, here too except the "new guy" didn't have to worry since i was the target.

3) I would have thought that the whole point of having a bus monitor would have been to prevent this sort of thing from happening to begin with. :shrug:

Exactly, I don't understand just sitting there passively when you're supposed to be in a position of authority. The crying, and then not doing anything even when they start touching her?? Nothing excuses the kids' behavior, but normally in that situation the adult will make it very clear that the behavior will not be tolerated. These aren't ghetto kids with guns, they're little snotnose suburban doooshes. I don't think she's qualified to be in charge of kids.

I'm not sure what the answer is but throwing kids in jail sure doesn't strike me as a viable solution. They are just kids being a$$holes. Some of you want to riot over your right to be unhealthy as possible by consuming gallons of Coke but some preteens want to exercise their right to be a$$holes and all of a sudden we are a nation in crisis? They apologized, their parents apologized. I'll bet most of them are decent people. Everybody's better for the experience so carry on.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Nothing like this happened on my bus route or at the schools I went to???? Sure we had jerks but I don't recall anything to this level and also do not recall that the kids I thought were bullies would do something like this.

I don't think I would say it ended well - I am thinking the hurt that woman felt will stay with her a long long time.

Because she got called names by middle school kids? I agree with club (except for the soda/fat thing he can't seem to stop blathering about). Kid's weren't way better back in the day. I moved some and usually was able to fit in, but some kids get picked on and that is just the way it goes. Hopefully the anti-bullying campaigns they are running will help in the long term but I'm not amazed that some kids said some mean stuff. We just didn't have pocket video records to catch all the stupid chit that happened back in the day.

Exactly, I don't understand just sitting there passively when you're supposed to be in a position of authority. The crying, and then not doing anything even when they start touching her?? Nothing excuses the kids' behavior, but normally in that situation the adult will make it very clear that the behavior will not be tolerated. These aren't ghetto kids with guns, they're little snotnose suburban doooshes. I don't think she's qualified to be in charge of kids.

I'm assuming the job of bus monitor is not all that high paying, so the school system has to settle for whom they can get regardless of the current economy.

Edited by electricrelish