[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sandusky guilty

Big John

Betting he'll be placed in protective management for the duration of time he is in prison.

Jeffery Dahmer was put in isolation but that didn't stop them from killing his ass. Trustees are not "good" inmates like some people think. They are in prison for a reason, just like everybody else. Only difference is they don't rock the boat. Now if some trustee gets an offer he can't refuse, trust me, he'll stick a shank in Sandusky's neck in a heart beat. Nobody is safe in prison, even with all the precautions the corrections facility's implement for "high profile" inmates.

Jeffery Dahmer was put in isolation but that didn't stop them from killing his ass. Trustees are not "good" inmates like some people think. They are in prison for a reason, just like everybody else. Only difference is they don't rock the boat. Now if some trustee gets an offer he can't refuse, trust me, he'll stick a shank in Sandusky's neck in a heart beat. Nobody is safe in prison, even with all the precautions the corrections facility's implement for "high profile" inmates.

I didn't that you also had experience working in a maximum security prison.

And Dahmer was not in protective management at the time of his death:

Mr. Dahmer's first year in prison had been spent in protective isolation, away from the general inmate population. But in the last year, Mr. Dahmer and the prison authorities had deemed it safe enough for him to be integrated into the general population of 622 inmates.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/29/us/jeffrey-dahmer-multiple-killer-is-bludgeoned-to-death-in-prison.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

I'm sure you get my point. and I didn't think you had to be an "expert" to share an opinion on these boards.

Didn't know that about his last year though. Pretty stupid decision by prison officials IMO. Be that as it may, I surely won't shed a tear if the sodomites get ahold of his ass.

I'm sure you get my point. and I didn't think you had to be an "expert" to share an opinion on these boards.

Didn't know that about his last year though. Pretty stupid decision by prison officials IMO. Be that as it may, I surely won't shed a tear if the sodomites get ahold of his ass.

Exactly. Dahmer would likely not have been killed in prison if he had remained in protective management. The same way Sandusky will likely remain safe in prison.

And of course, one must be an expert to offer opinions.

So Sandusky's stature will ensure he's protected in the joint. Just as some of his accusers were initially not taken seriously when they first tried to report him, because he was so well-respected in the community. Yet the kids he buggered are just as scarred as if some anonymous pederast had abused them.

This could end up being a pretty sweet gig -- he'll have books to read, possibly a TV, he'll be protected, and he gets away from that crazy wife. Throw in arts & crafts and he's got himself a pretty sweet retirement home.

• 3 months later...

And throw away the key....

BELLEFONTE, Pa. — Jerry Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, was sentenced Tuesday morning to 30 to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing boys, crimes that roiled the university community and shook one of major college football’s most prominent programs.

The ruling was handed down in Centre County Court by Judge John Cleland, and it essentially guaranteed that Sandusky, 68, would die in prison. The sentencing came roughly three and a half months after a jury found him guilty of 45 counts of child sexual abuse.

I don't understand the system all that well. So he got between 30 and 60 years? Should it be more specific than that, like he will get 30 years and another of probation. Or hopefully in my mind a solid 60 years in prison.

Or do they get more specific after the assess minimum/maximum security, physical and mental state, etc?

I don't understand the system all that well. So he got between 30 and 60 years? Should it be more specific than that, like he will get 30 years and another of probation. Or hopefully in my mind a solid 60 years in prison.

Or do they get more specific after the assess minimum/maximum security, physical and mental state, etc?

Rest assured, he'll die in prison, so ultimately it won't matter. If he somehow manages to live another 30 years, you can be sure that the probation folks will find a reason not to release him. Not like they have to look very hard.

Would you want to be the guy who decided he'd paid his debt and was free to go?

That said, I'm surprised the judge didn't just give him the max. To go down in the books as the guy who sent Sandusky away for 300 years or something.

The most important thing to me is that I don't want him to be protected by being placed in a safe area away from the general population. I don't care if you are famous or not, you commit a crime and you should be treated like any other criminal that commits a crime. In this case, I want Sandusky to have to deal with the general population of criminals, who are famous for not taking kindly to those who commit crimes against children.

The most important thing to me is that I don't want him to be protected by being placed in a safe area away from the general population. I don't care if you are famous or not, you commit a crime and you should be treated like any other criminal that commits a crime. In this case, I want Sandusky to have to deal with the general population of criminals, who are famous for not taking kindly to those who commit crimes against children.

Big +1. Should never be special treatment for prisoners.

Big +1. Should never be special treatment for prisoners.

Even cops? I'm not saying they should get special treatment, but sending a cop to prison without being able to isolate them from the general population would mean certain death, for even the smallest infraction.