[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yahoo leagues question!

MotorcityManiac1

First and foremost, i wasnt sure if this was the right place to ask this.

I do 5 MFFL dynasty leagues, commish one. I have ran a yahoo league for several years, but not until this year do we have to do it "live online". I am running it through yahoo because some of the owners arent too hardcore, they are comfortable with the format etc. My question is, do any of you run a league on yahoo.com? If so, do you know if I can turn OFF the timer completely and just do it manually? This way we can take lil breaks if we want because some of us are going to meet to do it. A couple have to autopick/set preferences. If you can't do that time it manually...can you pause the draft entirely until I restart it?

Basically don't wanna get together for draft and then be like whoops, cant pause it, and we get 3min timers. It'd seem there should be all the options above, but who knows...and I have never tried this on yahoo before. If we can't...we may be switching to nfl.com's. Cuz i know a buddy of mine runs one on there and he paused his for an hour last year due to internet complications at the location they held the majority of the in person owners meeting place for his league.

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you just run in on MFL?

Because Yahoo is free. Now, personally, I'd prefer to just play for more scratch and pay for a better site like MFL. However, like the OP, I often find myself in at least one very casual league where dudes would rather not. Hence Yahoo and the other free sites.

Because Yahoo is free. Now, personally, I'd prefer to just play for more scratch and pay for a better site like MFL. However, like the OP, I often find myself in at least one very casual league where dudes would rather not. Hence Yahoo and the other free sites.

Det -

Did you read beyond the first 8 words?

ABWF is saying to run the draft on MFL, which is free, and fully supports the starting/stopping/pausing of the timer as well as setting what the increment between picks should be.

Then the commish would just load the rosters from the draft into Yahoo.

Still free, and other than a minor bit of extra work in terms of loading rosters to Yahoo, will meet all of your needs.

here is the link for the Yahoo Live Draft abilities: Pauses are available.

Changing selection time limit or pause the live draft

ID: SLN6206

Refers to: Fantasy Baseball , Fantasy Basketball , Fantasy Football , Fantasy Hockey

Resolution

During Live Drafts, a commissioner can pause the draft up to five times by calling a 30-second or 3-minute timeout. During each timeout, the commissioner may undo up to five recent picks.

If you wish to allow the managers of your league more time in which to make a selection, we suggest that you consider conducting an Offline Draft.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN6206&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1340760524676&locale=en_US&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_FOOTUS

Yep, like det said, these guys wont want to pay for the site. Just too casual and id have to probably talk em all through MFL, which I dont wanna do...did that last yr for the dynasty i commish, and that was enough haha

You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make 'em read it. :thinking:

Again...IT'S FREE, FREE, FREE to set up a draft on MFL. They only charge you for the LIVE SCORING during the season.

The live draft room on MFL is fairly intuitive and not much different than any other draft software you'd have to use...if you really have to hold someones hand and walk them through that then they probably just want to get close to you, and there's something definitely wrong with that.

Once you have drafted manually LOAD the PLAYERS from your MFL DRAFT into your Yahoo league.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture