[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Might be going to Tennessee...

irish

And staying in the Gatlinburg area. Any recommendations on places to stay, eat and visit?

We'll keep you in our prayers... ;)

I love that area. Granted, I'm usually on a motorcyle visiting the F-100 Supernationals or some other street-rod or car show.

Come to think of it, that's where my ex and I spent the honeymoon.

I'll pray for you irish.

I love that area. Granted, I'm usually on a motorcyle visiting the F-100 Supernationals or some other street-rod or car show.

Come to think of it, that's where my ex and I spent the honeymoon.

I'll pray for you irish.

We'll keep you in our prayers... ;)

All booked up. I'll be staying and visiting around the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Doing a little white water rafting, ziplining, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood and Dixie Stampede. The cabins out there look beautiful and from the pics online, the views of the Smoky Mountains look spectacular!!

Should be fun, thanks for the prayers as you never know what'll happen out in the country.

All booked up. I'll be staying and visiting around the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Doing a little white water rafting, ziplining, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood and Dixie Stampede. The cabins out there look beautiful and from the pics online, the views of the Smoky Mountains look spectacular!!

Should be fun, thanks for the prayers as you never know what'll happen out in the country.

It is my understanding that the Pigeon Forge area is a "dry" county. Not sure how check that, but you may want to bring your alcohol with you.

ETA:

It appears not to be the case. Gatlingburg and Pigeon Forge are both in Sevier County whic is not dry.

Pigeon Forge’s nightlife scene is not as “dry” as it once was. Pigeon Forge resides in Sevier County and it is no longer a dry county and hasn't been for some time. Gatlinburg and Sevierville have liquor by the drink and you may purchase alcohol in bottles in Gatlinburg only.

A good place for nightlife in Pigeon Forge is the Smoky Mountain Brewery. Home to more than 8 fantastic microbrews on site and their food is not the typical bar fare you would find at such an establishment in other tourist locations. Try their Brewery Ale Steak with their homebrewed Velas Helas. Smoky Mountain Brewery also has live entertainment each day of the week with Karaoke every Monday night where you will find the local entertainers coming in to sing on their off time. You may wish to remember this and save yourself some money seeing shows and go to the brewery as you just may be there to see Cutthroat Shamrock, a local Irish Rock band. Their beers may be purchased on site in varying amounts ranging from mix matched 6 packs to full kegs.

For more rowdy entertainment there is always Gatlinburg which features a couple of dance clubs but nothing which is comparable to the LA, Atlanta much less Asheville, NC dance scenes. Gatlinburg is about 12 miles north of Pigeon Forge and houses many restaurants worth going to such as: Smoky Mountain Brewery (yes 2 locations-Great Live entertainment too), Cherokee Grill(great cheese grits and beer), and Calhouns (FANTASTIC prime rib-great place to take a sweetheart and also located in Pigeon Forge).

Pigeon Forge has a few dinner theaters with entertainment themes ranging from Big Band, Christian, Country, Wild West Dinner (Dixie Stampede), Magic, and others. The quality of this entertainment is not of New York caliber and a little less then Nashville. The closest comparison would be to Branson, Missouri. Do your research regarding shows as some are MUCH better than others. Sevierville hosts the only movie theater. It has 6 screens, very clean and the employees are courteous, friendly and professional.

Due to the growth in tourism surrounding Pigeon Forge many new attractions are on the horizon with a few delays in construction due to economic shortfalls of the banking industry. Belle Island Village, The Titanic Museum and Dumplin Creek are the newest large venues underway with most opening in late 2009 and 2010.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Virginia and tennessee are absolutely beautiful! The views are incredible, almost as if they're fake. I wish i could live out here instead of jersey. The luray caverns were simply amazing and something everyone should see before their days are up. Just got to tennessee today and my cabin is basically in the smoky mountains, WHAT A FREAKIN' VIEW!!! Tomorrow i go ziplining through the smokies and can't wait for that!

Edited by irish

Is Lexington a dry town? I'll be filming there for 4 weeks starting the 23rd

Henderson County Retail package stores ONLY (no liquor-by-the-drink yet), and only within the city limits of Lexington, new referendum passed September 8, 2011

Henderson County Retail package stores ONLY (no liquor-by-the-drink yet), and only within the city limits of Lexington, new referendum passed September 8, 2011

I was in Lexington back in 2007 and don't remember any special laws, but then I was only looking for beer. After being burned a few times on long motorcycle trips (eastern KY was one such place with dry counties) I usually take a flask with whiskey with me in case I need a drink and don't want to drive to another town/county to get something.