[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Power outages - #$#@ storms

BeeR

We have over 300,000 without power here in Columbus alone.

We were fairly lucky this time around. During Ike, we lost power for 6 days while they had power across the street. This time we have power and they won't get theirs back until this weekend across the street. Weird......lol.

But.....we do have half a tree balancing on our greenhouse/shed roof peak. Precarious. My neighbor's tree.

Could be worse - it could be football season when the storms come through and cause lose of power.

There is nothing worse than losing power when temps are hovering around 100 degrees with similarly high humidity. I only watch football on a limited basis nowdays anyway. And losing lots of food in the fridge doesn't help. :angry: Luckily power was only off for less than a day for me, others had/are having it much worse. Edited by BeeR

We lost power last month for about 3 days. We left town for the weekend. When we returned, everything in the freezers (we have 3) was still mostly frozen. Threw out some mayo and other things from the fridge but we were surprised at how well everything kept.