[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Movie Ted

DMD

It was profane and not child appropriate despite being a movie about a teddy bear. But if you like Seth McFarlane's other work (Family Guy, Cleveland Show) then you will like this. Some people in the audience apparently felt it was the funniest movie ever and outside the theater I heard one guy quoting the entire movie. It was fast-paced dialogue with lots of popular culture references. I thought it was well written and pretty funny even though I never watch McFarlane's other shows.

Plus Mila Kunis was in it and my wife is starting to ask why Kunis is in most all the movies we go out to see.

I'd give it 4 of 5 stars. Maybe not a first date movie, but it was pretty funny IMO.

Yea, I heard Ebert gave it like 4 out of 5 (or 3 out of 4 stars, whatever he normally does) and was a bit surprised. Looks funny. I'll probably rent it, but glad to hear it was good.

Plus Mila Kunis was in it and my wife is starting to ask why Kunis is in most all the movies we go out to see.

Just use the excuse that I use for Jennifer Aniston movies, that at least films with her are usually decently entertaining, and not a hot steaming pile of crap like most of the films Hollywood puts out nowadays. Then try to wipe the drool from your chin when they get to the obligatory hot scene.

Just use the excuse that I use for Jennifer Aniston movies, that at least films with her are usually decently entertaining, and not a hot steaming pile of crap like most of the films Hollywood puts out nowadays. Then try to wipe the drool from your chin when they get to the obligatory hot scene.

Horrible Bosses. In a word - DAMN! :divingboard:

Jennifer Aniston is on my wife's Get out of Jail free list. Needless to say, I fully endorse that.

I'm a huge Family Guy fan and thought that Ted was ok at best. They show too many of the funny parts of all movies in the commercials these days. It was enjoyable but definitely an HBO movie for me.