[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

aren't cigarette butts trash?

frenzal rhomb

I was driving a Datsun B210

My mother had one of those for awhile. My Grandfather sold it to her for $1 when her car broke down. I was in the Navy at the time and I remember saying to myself "I'd pimp that CHIPS AHOY! out if I had it". :lol:

My mother had one of those for awhile. My Grandfather sold it to her for $1 when her car broke down. I was in the Navy at the time and I remember saying to myself "I'd pimp that CHIPS AHOY! out if I had it". :lol:

I made an error. I was driving a B510 (1982 I believe) at the time the butt got tossed. I did own a B210 in 1975-76. I paid $3200 for it brand new. It was wrecked 3 times in a year, twice was major damage. It was either loaded out to my dad, brother or parked when all the accidents happened. After a year I figure it was time to get rid of it. The person that bought my 510 was going to fix it up for racing. I regret getting rid of that car.

I remember many years ago i was coming home from working the 4-midnight shift at the shipyard. I was driving a Datsun B210 and the driver in front of me threw out a butt that hit my windshield. The butt fell into the air grill just under the windshield and I could see that it was still lit. By the time I stop and got out to check, it had gone out.

I had a Datsun B210 wagon. A chick magnet it wasn't. I remember one female, who upon seeing it, presumed I was married with kids whenin fact I was not. She accused me of being untruthful about my status saying no single guy would own that vehicle and that was the end of what looked up to that point to be a successful night. She went back into the bar.

Mine had the upgraded cloth interior, upgraded stereo, and had a CB when I bought it used. White exterior, blue interior. For some reason the starter solenoid would go bad once a year and I had to replace it. That became expensive so I learned how to jump the terminals with a screw driver to get it started. It wasn't real classy on a date to have to pop the hood, take a screw driver to the terminals to get it started.

My car after that was a Turbo Charged Chrysler Lebaron with all the candy, swede interior, top of the line factory stereo, electronic instrument panel that read out like a stereo more than a car.

So all of the following are trash huh? Interesting

Male Celebrity Smokers List:

Back to the point, I'm a smoker and generally don't smoke in my car. When I do, I use the ash tray. There are littering laws in place for smokers who are too lazy to ash out and decide dumping the butt out the window is more convenient. Not only are butts non biodegradable, they are also the most common cause of fires. You can easily report a litterbug...most states have a hotline in place for that exact purpose.

Funny...you never hear any smoker fess up to chucking their butts out the window. They all say they use the ash tray, recepticles, etc. They all say they are not the dirty smokers. Yet day after day after day, you see people throwing them out their car windows and roadsides, sidewalks, etc are all littered with them constantly :thinking:

There are many fewer smokers out there then a few years ago. Where I work downtown, near the Mayo clinic, I don't see many smokers. Smoking isn't allowed in public buildings so they go outside. They usually cross the street to smoke so the ones from my side of the street smoke on the other side and the ones from the other side smoke on my side.

I'm sorry but smoking is stupid and pointless, but if anyone wants to feed the industry have at it. I grew up with a Dad that either smoked non-filtered or rolled his own. But he did quit smoking before he died. If he could quit than anyone can.

I have to agree with some others, sure seems that a lot of smokers (or people who smoke a lot) don't consider it littering or care. Similar to what delicious bass said, no/few smokers admit to tossing cig butts on the road, but there sure are a lot of them.

I've had a few of those lit cigs come flying at me, especially noticeable at night when I'm riding my motorcycle.

I try not to litter at all, the rare exception is something completely biodegrade and organiz like an apple core, or other fruit waste (but not banana peels). Just hate hanging on to those in the car for miles after I've eaten them.

I'm also appalled at how some people litter in public places (beaches, parks, etc.) especially when trash cans are nearby. Or the people who live out in the country and take their trash (including large items) and just dump them down a ravine by the side of the road (see a lot of that in WV).

I was mowing our front yard a few years ago and a couple stopped at the intersection to read the directions to wherever they were going. She took a last drag off her cigarette and threw it out the window right in front of me, I couldn't help myself, I reached into the gutter and tossed the lit cigarette into the car window and said, "You dropped something!" I enjoyed the Chinese drill that occured and have been lookiing for another opportunity.

I was mowing our front yard a few years ago and a couple stopped at the intersection to read the directions to wherever they were going. She took a last drag off her cigarette and threw it out the window right in front of me, I couldn't help myself, I reached into the gutter and tossed the lit cigarette into the car window and said, "You dropped something!" I enjoyed the Chinese drill that occured and have been lookiing for another opportunity.

Love it. I've wanted to carry bags of CHIPS AHOY! with me for this exact purpose. "Hey here's some stuff I don't want in my car..."