[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Hills father/son trip need info

nuke'em ttg

Lookin at ATV rentals/campsites/trails. Been to some websites but wanna hear it in person if anyone has any good tips. Kid is 18-21 Just found out they're street legal, lookin early august, we can sleep in the truck or maybe a ghey package deal for a change.TIA :D

There are many good areas. Custer State Park is an amazing campground. http://gfp.sd.gov/st...rectory/custer/ If you have never been to Mt. Rushmore it is pretty special. Avoid the last week of July and first two weeks of August. There is a small event out in the Hills call the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Hotels, campgrounds etc are booked up a year in advance. I have never been out there four wheeling, but I know it goes on.

E2A: The 21 year old might like Deadwood. Live table games. Texas Hold Em, Blackjack, Slots, etc

Edited by Rebellab

I used to live in the Black Hills when I was in the Air Force from 1992-1996. Camped a ton at Pactola Lake which is beautiful. I don't really have any advice on ATV rentals though.

Anyways, that's not very helpful. What I came in here to say is that the Sturgis motorcycle rally is usually in early August so plan accordingly as every town in and around the western edge of SD will be busy and loaded with people.

Have fun and good luck.

There are many good areas. Custer State Park is an amazing campground. http://gfp.sd.gov/st...rectory/custer/ If you have never been to Mt. Rushmore it is pretty special. Avoid the last week of July and first two weeks of August. There is a small event out in the Hills call the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Hotels, campgrounds etc are booked up a year in advance. I have never been out there four wheeling, but I know it goes on.

E2A: The 21 year old might like Deadwood. Live table games. Texas Hold Em, Blackjack, Slots, etc

totally forgot about the Sturges dates :bash: aint payin no dangole jacked up fokin benny for a tent csmf plus i was detained in Custer by some dikhead cop just because i didn't have a drivers license, glad ya got that meth problem under control :slamedoncarhood: