[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which are ya

nuke'em ttg

All three were in real estate before the crash one was making $400k a year (I actually know this guy) all three said they were much happier today then before.

Seeing how everything went down in real estate, you can't put a value on being able to look yourself in the mirror.

Yeah, but those friggin rich people are usually stressing on vacation about other things like work, and that one sucks and is very hard to escape once you own a business and are responsible for peoples livelihoods . Tradeoffs...

When I was working for Cushman & Wakefield, while on vacation in Turkey, one of the directors called me up to ask a few questions about a sale that was going on (the property was in the midst of the due diligence phase.) It was 3 in the afternoon in Atlanta, which made it 10 at night in Turkey. We were at a cabana on the beach, music, I was drunk... He asked what I was doing... :wacko:

To which I responded, it's freaking 10 at night, I'm drunk, on the beach listening to a band... He apologized and called me at noon, Turkey time, the next day... "Hey, SEC, are you sober enough to have a conversation..."

But, yes, I was checking my e-mail twice daily on that two week trip and probably made about 40 phone calls relating to pending transactions.

The same scenario was occurring on my honeymoon (and actually occurred on all vacations) until the wife told me that it was unacceptable for me to work two hours a day during the vacation.

Seeing how everything went down in real estate, you can't put a value on being able to look yourself in the mirror.

They were happier in the present then the were in the past. This isn't self worth. Their jobs keep them up at night etc etc... Now they work 7-10 hours a day and when they are done they are done. No cares in the world. One said he of course had to down grade his life material wise quite a bit. One of them said there was nothing like coming home from work turning on golf or a game cracking a beer and not having a care in the world....of course as long as his wife wasn't on his back 24/7 to make a better living...but that would be a marital problem.

Just got back from camping at Jellystone, which is about 15 minutes from home. Had a great time even though it was 100+ most days. Daughter got over her fear of mascots and water slides in the same day :clap:

Priceless.

ETA: she also just turned 7

Edited by T_bone65

This will sound ridiculous, but when we have a weekend where we're not traveling somewhere and we don't have people visiting for a week stretch, that's my vacation. I can lay in the pool with a beverage, grill something and just relax with the ol' lady and the pup. My greatest concern is making sure all the shrubs are watered. My level of relaxation would not be any greater on a beach somewhere, in fact it would be worse knowing we're paying for a flight, hotel, eating out, etc. Although there is still a lot I'd like to see in the future -- Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Vancouver, South Pacific, Australia, pretty much all of Europe, the FL keys.

This will sound ridiculous, but when we have a weekend where we're not traveling somewhere and we don't have people visiting for a week stretch, that's my vacation. I can lay in the pool with a beverage, grill something and just relax with the ol' lady and the pup. My greatest concern is making sure all the shrubs are watered. My level of relaxation would not be any greater on a beach somewhere, in fact it would be worse knowing we're paying for a flight, hotel, eating out, etc. Although there is still a lot I'd like to see in the future -- Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Vancouver, South Pacific, Australia, pretty much all of Europe, the FL keys.

yep, i enjoy being home, lastnight i took my kids bike for a cruise right at dusk, may have ta breakdown and get a cheap cycle.

I am really curious what is going to happen in August when my daughter goes to college. We'll miss her no doubt and the thought of her being on her own terrifies me, but on the other hand, life is going to kind of seem like vacation for a bit for the Wench and I.

I am really curious what is going to happen in August when my daughter goes to college. We'll miss her no doubt and the thought of her being on her own terrifies me, but on the other hand, life is going to kind of seem like vacation for a bit for the Wench and I.

how far away will she be? our daughter was only 45 minutes and that was easier ta handle i think

not too far. an hour. hour fifteen maybe. we would have moved to be near her if it was any further.

Its just about the unknown. I had long hoped that if I got her to this point, safe, healthy, well adjusted, with a solid moral foundation and unbroken, that my job would be all but done. Not that I think my job will ever be done, but man, these next four years scare me more than the last four. I've never been into controlling my daughter, but I do like controlling situations because even the best kid can make terrible decisions in a bad situation. I am hoping this will get better after this next year. :fingerscrossed:

Edited by Duchess Jack

not too far. an hour. hour fifteen maybe. we would have moved to be near her if it was any further.

Its just about the unknown. I had long hoped that if I got her to this point, safe, healthy, well adjusted, with a solid moral foundation and unbroken, that my job would be all but done. Not that I think my job will ever be done, but man, these next four years scare me more than the last found. I've never been into controlling my daughter, but I do like controlling situations because even the best kid can make terrible decisions in a bad situation. I am hoping this will get better after this next year. :fingerscrossed:

well, if it helps yer normal, we all go through it, not fun but good ta conquer, you'll get there

Just got back from camping at Jellystone, which is about 15 minutes from home. Had a great time even though it was 100+ most days. Daughter got over her fear of mascots and water slides in the same day :clap:

Priceless.

ETA: she also just turned 7

did ya cut the park rangers tie in half :woot: