[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohhh say can you see, the label in Chinese

tazinib1

That's a crock. I don't skimp on clothes at all, make a point of buying American made (though I do buy Italian as well), and still typically spend less what those clothes cost.

If you're struggling to make ends meet and just need to put clothes on your back (or your family's back), I'm certainly not going to get all high and mighty about where your clothes are coming from. But if you're dropping $125 on a tie, you can damned well find one made in America. Especially if it's for the US Olympic team.

In particular, there's quite a movement of high quality designers producing US-made clothes)

Edited by detlef

That's a crock. I don't skimp on clothes at all, make a point of buying American made (though I do buy Italian as well), and still typically spend less what those clothes cost.

If you're struggling to make ends meet and just need to put clothes on your back (or your family's back), I'm certainly not going to get all high and mighty about where your clothes are coming from. But if you're dropping $125 on a tie, you can damned well find one made in America. Especially if it's for the US Olympic team.

In particular, there's quite a movement of high quality designers producing US-made clothes)

Agree 1000%

While I completely agree it would be appropriate if Team USA was outfitted in clothing Made In USA, we (as matt770 says) use so much chinese made stuff that it is really not surprising. I would imagine most (if not all) the clothing/shoes/gear these athletes use when training and competing is foreign made, so I really cant get too worked up over the ceremony outfits also being foreign made. As yo mama points out, the berets are more of reason for shame, IMO.

I heard some guy on the radio screaming that the stuff should be taken and burned, and start all over again. Brilliant, so spend the money to buy this stuff, then throw it out and start over. Sounds like a politician or somebody else accustomed to spending other people's money.

Do they have their own song, their own John Wayne movie? Nope. Black berets....I mean seriously.

Do they have their own song, their own John Wayne movie? Nope. Black berets....I mean seriously.

At least black is slimming.