[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inconsistent emails when receiving PMs...

irish

In past years whenever someone would PM me I would get an immediate email telling me so. Now, it's rare. If I don't check in here, I may never know if someone PM'd me. However, once in awhile I will get an email notification but it's usually well after the actual PM was sent. Why is this happening and will it eventually revert back to the way it used to be?

TIA

I have not gotten an email notification for any of the things I've signed up for since last season. I guess they changed the site around and this was affected. I emailed thehuddle and they told me my settings must be wrong. I have not made any changes to my settings. I even went back through and changed them around and saved them. Still no email notifications. The last email I received from support made it sound like I did not understand how to work the settings options. PMs, forum subscriptions, topic subscriptions, etc no notifications whatsoever.

I have not gotten an email notification for any of the things I've signed up for since last season. I guess they changed the site around and this was affected. I emailed thehuddle and they told me my settings must be wrong. I have not made any changes to my settings. I even went back through and changed them around and saved them. Still no email notifications. The last email I received from support made it sound like I did not understand how to work the settings options. PMs, forum subscriptions, topic subscriptions, etc no notifications whatsoever.

Yeah, I hear ya. It sucks because it was so automatic in the past. Get a PM, you get an email notification moments later. Now it's rare and like I said, if you do get one it's very delayed, somedays several days later if at all.

I get immediate emails when I am sent a PM or a new topic is posted in the forums I follow.

Really? I definitely don't. I got a PM from a Huddler in July 13, at 7:15 am and didn't get the email until July 14th at 6:02.

Got another on July 13th at 8:12 and didn't get the email until 9:02. And the two I shared with you are the only 2 email I got after receiving PMs and I have at least 10 PMs.

I'm sure it's AOL's fault.

I wouldn't doubt it! LoL!

I've messed around with my notification options and still nothing. I'm not even receiving emails late. I get nothing. It would be nice if someone from thehuddle monitored their Site & Forum Support page and helped us out or acknowledged there's an issue.

TNtitans - In looking at your settings you had the admin email turn off. That may have been the cause of your problem.

I'm at a loss then since your settings are fine and match other's that are receiving emails. Since others (including myself) are getting notification emails then I don't believe your issue is forum system related. This may be basic, but have you checked your email spam folder and settings?

I have my spam filter disabled so it can't be that.

I can't figure it out either. I was receiving them fine last season. Now since we tinkered with it I'm receiving the red number in the notification tab at the top of the forums page but still no emails.

I do get thehuddle newsletter on email though.

Edited by TNtitans

I'm still not getting some notifications in regard to PMs being sent to me. However, when I do they are days after I got the actual PM. Driving me nuts and it was never like this.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue as Irish until I realized Gmail had begun regarding some of the correspondence as spam. Once I reset my spam filter everything began working again.

TNtitans, You may also want to verify if the emails are going to the right address.

Edited by rajncajn
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting my daily Huddle email just not any forum update emails. It's weird. I don't have a spam blocker or filter even turned on and my email address is correct on my account.

Curious if The Hudele news emails are from your Huddle account, while notifications of PM and other forum stuff are part of the forum account. Which means they could be using different email addresses?

I'm relatively new on the forum and not sure what I have set for notifications so I may not have that turned on. I do get the regular Huddle email updates.

It appears I do have notifications turned on for PMs, but get so few that I don't recall if I got an email on them before. If somebody sends me a PM I can confirm if I'm getting email.

• WJW locked this topic