[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 killed, 50 injured at new Batman movie

boltnlava

I do wonder, though, why so many very young kids were at a midnight-thirty showing of this type of graphic and violent movie?

Seriously, a 3 month old? WT unholy F is a baby doing at a midnight movie?

What a shame! Not the appropriate thread for this but giving people the ability to buy guns just increases the odds for things like this to happen. I understand that "people kill people" but having the laws we do just provides the means for them to do it. Do other countries have gun laws set up the same way we do? And if not, i wonder if the difference in laws, creates a different/safer climate. I know that people would find a way to buy guns even if it was illegal and I'm not saying that things like this wouldn't happen but i'm guessing that it would decrease awful things like this from happening if our laws were different. I know people want to feel safe and protected and that some love to hunt for sport or provide food for their family. However, i just can't help but feel that having the laws the way they are just sets people up for failure more than it does help us.

Yeah, just leave the baby at home and go see your move. It will probably sleep most of the time you're gone. Put an extra diaper on it just in case.

I went to a movie about 2-3 weeks ago and a couple brought their baby to a 9 pm showing and the baby practically sat in my seat half the time.

My 12 yr old was asking to go to a showing here last night with his 20 yr old (girl) cousin but I told him flat out NO. Told him he was too young and I didn't want him out at 2AM. He said "but I'll be with Cindy" and I said "I don't want her out at 2AM either, but there's nothing I can do about that."

What a shame! Not the appropriate thread for this but giving people the ability to buy guns just increases the odds for things like this to happen. I understand that "people kill people" but having the laws we do just provides the means for them to do it. Do other countries have gun laws set up the same way we do? And if not, i wonder if the difference in laws, creates a different/safer climate. I know that people would find a way to buy guns even if it was illegal and I'm not saying that things like this wouldn't happen but i'm guessing that it would decrease awful things like this from happening if our laws were different. I know people want to feel safe and protected and that some love to hunt for sport or provide food for their family. However, i just can't help but feel that having the laws the way they are just sets people up for failure more than it does help us.

You are jumping the gun hear, no pun intended. Right now we don't know who the gunman is, or if he can even legally purchase a firearm. Trying to say that this is due to gun laws not being strict enough is stupid at this point. Additionally last time I checked the penalty for murder is much stricter than the penalty for illegally carrying a firearm, or illegal trafficking in firearms. So if a guy is willing to murder people and accept the much harsher consequences of doing so, do you think they are going to give a tinkers damn about breaking a gun law?

It is a sad event, that never should have happened regardless of the cause or causes. My heart goes out to the families of those killed, and those that were there and lived through it.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

You are jumping the gun hear, no pun intended. Right now we don't know who the gunman is, or if he can even legally purchase a firearm. Trying to say that this is due to gun laws not being strict enough is stupid at this point. Additionally last time I checked the penalty for murder is much stricter than the penalty for illegally carrying a firearm, or illegal trafficking in firearms. So if a guy is willing to murder people and accept the much harsher consequences of doing so, do you think they are going to give a tinkers damn about breaking a gun law?

So true that I don't know the details. It just got me thinking is all. And I would much rather be proactive (more strict gun laws) than reactive (Oops, we gave people the right to buy/carry guns and now that you've killed people with it, we'll react and punish you severely for said crime).

Just my .02 cents.

ETA: Just going out on a limb here Perch, I'm guessing that you own and carry guns. Correct?

Edited by irish

So true that I don't know the details. It just got me thinking is all. And I would much rather be proactive (more strict gun laws) than reactive (Oops, we gave people the right to buy/carry guns and now that you've killed people with it, we'll react and punish you severely for said crime).

Just my .02 cents.

If I have time all argue about this later. Right now so close to the shooting I feel it would be in poor taste.

If I have time all argue about this later. Right now so close to the shooting I feel it would be in poor taste.

Agreed and certainly not looking for an argument. Just voicing my opinion is all because my snap reaction to hearing the story got the better of my emotions as I felt awful for those killed, hurt and for their families.

That's besides the point, you should be able to bring a 3 month old pretty much anywhere you want in hopes the baby doesn't get shot at.

I get really depressed when I hear of random shootings. I can't comprehend it.

That's besides the point, you should be able to bring a 3 month old pretty much anywhere you want in hopes the baby doesn't get shot at.

I get really depressed when I hear of random shootings. I can't comprehend it.

Agreed. As someone said to me, "What happened to people just killing themselves?"

Not the appropriate thread for this but giving people the ability to buy guns just increases the odds for things like this to happen.

I'm not sure that is accurate. if anything, violent crime rates have gone down in places with the most liberal carry laws. and it stands to reason...if a few of the patrons were packing heat and knew what they were doing, the whole thing might have unfolded very differently.

I'm not sure that is accurate. if anything, violent crime rates have gone down in places with the most liberal carry laws. and it stands to reason...if a few of the patrons were packing heat and knew what they were doing, the whole thing might have unfolded very differently.

Pretty big caveat there.

• Like 1

Because their laser scopes would have penetrated the tear gas?

If your aunt had a dick, she'd be your uncle.

Because their laser scopes would have penetrated the tear gas?

If your aunt had a dick, she'd be your uncle.

Last time I checked tear gas was illegal to own for the average citizen. So if the guy isn't afraid of breaking the law murdering people, and isn't afraid of breaking the law carrying illegal tear gas, do you think he would be afraid to illegally carry a firearm? At this point we don't even know if the firearm he was carrying was a legal firearm or obtained in a legal manner.

It appears as though he also had illegal explosives in his apartment. There is some speculation that he has ties to OWS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176495/Denver-shooting-Police-say-apartment-Dark-Knight-Rises-gunman-James-Holmes-24-booby-trapped.html