[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stunned

SLAYER

What's stunning is how this seemingly came out of nowhere, but I'm hearing that Ichiro requested a trade. I have no idea how promising the prospects are, but you undoubtedly know Ichiro hasn't been his former self for a good 1.5 seasons now. Where does he hit in the Yankee lineup 6,7, or 8....a platoon player?

There was talk of Ichiro getting a Derek Jeter type deal and the Japanese owners for the Mariners have shown too much loyalty to aging Japanese players before. I'm sad to see Ichiro go, but it was time and may actually have to root for the Yankees to see him get a championship.

Edited by bushwacked

They got him for nothing...the Mariners even kicked in cash (which is comical).

He requested a trade to a contending team saying he was bored playing for the Mariners and thought he was playing down to their mediocrity.

The yankees sat him down before agreeing to the deal and laid out their conditions (platooning, batting 8th)

It's all upside for the yankees, at minimum they get a ridiculously solid defensive outfielder who can get on base for their loaded line up, at maximum they get a re-energized stud all star quality player who also will inevitably draw more international viewers to the Yankees for the pennant race.

I hate the yankees, but it was a good move

The Reds acquired Broxton to setup Chapman. Any info on him?

Yeah, he's been living on the edge all year. In almost all of his save situations he has routinely put men on base; usually one or two guys before he wiggles out of it. He will honestly drive you nuts.

But, his stuff looks pretty good. His fastball has been touching upper 90's again, and his offspeed stuff has been good. It's just his control that has been a problem. And you'll love the way he struts around the mound. Reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn. :lol: