[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Restaurant in Marietta, GA

SEC=UGA

I happened upon a place call the "Chicken and The Egg" for lunch yesterday. It has been open for a while and I was kinda concerned as to what they might have. Turns out, this place is freaking awesome.

I'm posting here for the GA/ATL people who might be able to frequent and posting a link to their menu section so the rest of you folks can drool over it.

http://www.chickandtheegg.com/brunch.html

Looks pretty cool and a bit like a few places around here.

Though I will admit, I'm tiring a bit of the "deviled egg as haute cuisine" movement. I'm also done paying top dollar for pimento cheese. I like both of those, mind you, but chight ain't fancy.

That brunch menu, in particular, looks effing awesome, though.

Sweet, that's about 7 miles from my house. Aside from a few good restaurants around here in Smyrna, it's pretty dominated by Mexican and BBQ joints. Been a while since I've been to a good southern-style restaurant.

I'm intrigued by the barrel-aged cocktails, though I'd die a little inside paying $12+ for a cocktail.

Looks pretty cool and a bit like a few places around here.

Though I will admit, I'm tiring a bit of the "deviled egg as haute cuisine" movement. I'm also done paying top dollar for pimento cheese. I like both of those, mind you, but chight ain't fancy.

That brunch menu, in particular, looks effing awesome, though.

Concur about the deviled egg and pimento cheese thingy.

I had lunch there yesterday and the chicken sandwich was good. Two guys with me had the burger (it was excellent according to them) and one had the egg salad, again very good. I asked them for a copy of their other menus and when I looked at the Brunch one I decided I will be back there on Saturday or Sunday.

Dinner looks interesting also. But that brunch menu, well, I had dreams about a few things on there.

Sweet, that's about 7 miles from my house. Aside from a few good restaurants around here in Smyrna, it's pretty dominated by Mexican and BBQ joints. Been a while since I've been to a good southern-style restaurant.

I'm intrigued by the barrel-aged cocktails, though I'd die a little inside paying $12+ for a cocktail.

After about 6 of 'em the price doesn't seem so bad.

Looks a lot like a lot of the gastropubs around here. I would like to try it though. I have friends that live in Marietta and it has been a while since I've been down there

there are definitely items i would enjoy throughout all of their meals, but this menu doesn't grab me.

The entree's are 13 bucks. How much grabbing can you get for 13 bucks?

Then again, the menu at the Varsity "grabs me" and, hell, I can eat there for $6.

some things i like about it (i am not a fan of eggs btw):

-decent selection of non-egg brunch items

-gouda grits

-cedar grilled peaches app, sweet tea brined pork chop, grilled shrimp, short ribs, and seared scallops look appealing.

-desserts

-prices are very reasonable

turn offs:

-salads do not look very inspired (like the mixed greens though)

-too many fried items... seems like a heavy menu

-those appealing non-egg items are things i do at home....

if i were walking down the street with several restaurants on it with my wife, i would want to check out the other menus before committing to dining there. if i were in georgia meeting up with huddlers and you guys picked this place, i would be eager to try it.....it looks like a good representative for upscale southern cuisine.

Edited by Bier Meister

The entree's are 13 bucks. How much grabbing can you get for 13 bucks?

Then again, the menu at the Varsity "grabs me" and, hell, I can eat there for $6.

The Varsity is close enough to South City Kitchen. I'd have a hard time choosing the place you posted over SCK (granted, when in ATL these days, I tend to stay in Midtown).

I took the wife and MIL there for dinner last night. I had the chicken and waffles, I'll skip the breast next time and get two legs. THe chicken is very good, the waffles with sorghum butter are out of this world. The greens were excellent, nice spice and sweet and not over cooked.

Wife had the salmon. The fish it self was tasty, I've had better, but the puree and mushrooms were very well executed.

MIL had the shrimp and grits. Nice coarse ground grits and amazing flavor to the dish.

We got the cheese pizza and fruit for the daughter. I was actually amazed they could make a pita bread cheese pizza taste that good. The fruit was very fresh and tasty.

Not sure what I'll have next time, but I will be back, most likely for brunch this or next weekend.

Make no mistake, this is not a "fine dining" restaurant. But, what they do, they do very well.

I live 5 minutes from that place and it was recommended by our realtor. It's a crime we haven't tried it yet, especially after reading that menu. I also like the beer list. You can tell some thought went into all of it.

The realtor explained it as a kind of progressive-thinking place that only serves fresh local ingredients. From reading the menu I can see that's one of their concepts, but they are probably not that strict with it. We are definitely going to check it out soon.

Good place for a Huddle meet up? What's the bar like?

I live 5 minutes from that place and it was recommended by our realtor. It's a crime we haven't tried it yet, especially after reading that menu. I also like the beer list. You can tell some thought went into all of it.

The realtor explained it as a kind of progressive-thinking place that only serves fresh local ingredients. From reading the menu I can see that's one of their concepts, but they are probably not that strict with it. We are definitely going to check it out soon.

Good place for a Huddle meet up? What's the bar like?

Huddle meet up would be a good idea. I'm booked this weekend, but could probably get a pass next two weekends.

The bar is relatively large itself and there are a number of hightops and booths adjacent to it. They have a pretty cool wine room behind the bar which is the only thing left over from the previous restaurant.

Huddle meet up would be a good idea. I'm booked this weekend, but could probably get a pass next two weekends.

The bar is relatively large itself and there are a number of hightops and booths adjacent to it. They have a pretty cool wine room behind the bar which is the only thing left over from the previous restaurant.

I can probably do August 11.

I'm sure you guys are members of Taco Mac's Brewniversity. If you haven't checked out The Fred Bar at the Prado location that would be an effing awesome place for a huddle meetup for lunch or dinner or just a few drinks. You can get one non-member in with you so if there are a few people who aren't in it we could make do.

Just saw this, is this still on?

Just saw this, is this still on?

I've been out of town quite a bit lately. S. GA last weekend, this weekend I'll be in the Mountains, next weekend is local draft weekend. The following weekend may be good. If I can get, say 4 guys together for the 8th or 15th somewhere in the Marietta Area it would be fun. I'll try and drag MillerX along if one of his whelps doesn't have some girly soccer game going on.