[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With advisors like that who needs enemies

SayItAintSoJoe

Alright, so now everybody is all fired up about his aide who went off on the reporters when he was visiting some holy site in Poland. And, sure, dude sort of needs to rise above, but screw those reporters.

Each and every question they screamed across the parking lot to Romney were baiting in nature. Essentially, "Isn't it true that you've botched this trip?" Honestly? Sorry, but don't play the "He said mean things to me" card if they don't take the time to answer your questions or even tell you to piss off.

Obviously I'm no fan of Romney, but his aide telling these guys to kiss his ass bothers me about not at all.

What ever happened to a simple "no comment"?

What ever happened to a simple "no comment"?

I'm not saying that they couldn't have handled it better. However, "no comment" sort of dignfies the sophomoric behavior the reporters were exhibiting more than they deserve. Additionally, "No comment" has become a defacto admission of guilt these days.

Thing is, I'm hearing the argument from many that, "Hey, they've got a job to do".

And I guess I'd either prefer to think that screaming baiting questions that any reasonable person knows are not going to generate meaningful dialogue is not what their job is. Or at least, I truly lament it is, if in fact that's the case.

Now, if he's running for POTUS and entirely avoiding the press, shutting down even those who are specifically put in place on his plane? Then he should be crucified for that. No question.

But there's much of this that reminds me of "don't taze me, bro!", and I guess I'd hope that we could hold our media to a higher standard than that kid.

That's really it. I see a situation where both sides are truly to blame here, but only one is taking crap.

I'm not saying that they couldn't have handled it better. However, "no comment" sort of dignfies the sophomoric behavior the reporters were exhibiting more than they deserve. Additionally, "No comment" has become a defacto admission of guilt these days.

Thing is, I'm hearing the argument from many that, "Hey, they've got a job to do".

And I guess I'd either prefer to think that screaming baiting questions that any reasonable person knows are not going to generate meaningful dialogue is not what their job is. Or at least, I truly lament it is, if in fact that's the case.

Now, if he's running for POTUS and entirely avoiding the press, shutting down even those who are specifically put in place on his plane? Then he should be crucified for that. No question.

But there's much of this that reminds me of "don't taze me, bro!", and I guess I'd hope that we could hold our media to a higher standard than that kid.

That's really it. I see a situation where both sides are truly to blame here, but only one is taking crap.

Fair enough. I just happen to think that people speaking on behalf of a POTUS candidate shouldn't be telling people that. Regardless of what the reporters are asking and how they're pushing their buttons. If they think that is tough, how are they going to handle things if they guy gets elected.

Many reporters are a-holes, we all know that. You and I can tell them to piss off. I also don't have a problem with an athlete, coach, or celebrity saying that. But I'd expect more from a representative of the POTUS (candidate).

Fair enough. I just happen to think that people speaking on behalf of a POTUS candidate shouldn't be telling people that. Regardless of what the reporters are asking and how they're pushing their buttons. If they think that is tough, how are they going to handle things if they guy gets elected.

Many reporters are a-holes, we all know that. You and I can tell them to piss off. I also don't have a problem with an athlete, coach, or celebrity saying that. But I'd expect more from a representative of the POTUS (candidate).

I'm getting the impression that our views on the issue are barely different.

The Romney Camp on The Tax Policy Center back in November:

Objective, Third-Party Analysis Showed Governor Perry’s Plan Would Raise Taxes On Millions Of American Families – But He Doesn’t Seem Interested In The Discussion.

The Romney Camp on the Tax Policy Center today:

Mitt Romney’s campaign fiercely defended his tax plan Thursday, a day after an independent study concluded it would offer big tax cuts to wealthy Americans while heavying the burden on middle- and lower-class families.

On a conference call with reporters, Romney advisers ripped the study -- conducted by the Tax Policy Center, a joint venture of the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute -- as “biased” and “a joke.”

Well at least they didn't tell the Center to "shove it".

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

The Romney Camp on The Tax Policy Center back in November:

The Romney Camp on the Tax Policy Center today:

Well at least they didn't tell the Center to "shove it".

that particular tax policy center study was authored by a former Obama advisor. perhaps not exactly neutral and non-partisan.

this taxpolixycenter paper is one everybody should read and digest.

that particular tax policy center study was authored by a former Obama advisor. perhaps not exactly neutral and non-partisan.

this taxpolixycenter paper is one everybody should read and digest.

...as well as people that worked for Bush.

Im not claiming the study is good or bad I'm just saying that when you use the group as a source to make your point against Perry in November you shouldn't call them "biased" and "a joke" when they come out with something you don't like now.

per Jon Huntsman Sr.....

Huntsman forcefully called on Romney to release his tax returns. This matters, because Huntsman is a longtime backer of Romney — he has long been close to Romney; he supported his early campaigns; he was the national finance chairman of Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign; and he has raised a lot of money for him over the years. (He backed his own son in the latest GOP primary.)

“I feel very badly that Mitt won’t release his taxes and won’t be fair with the American people,” Huntsman told me. In a reference to Romney’s father, who pioneered the release of returns as a presidential candidate, Huntsman said: “I loved George. He always said, pay your taxes for at least 10 or 12 years.”

“Mr. Romney ought to square with the American people and release his taxes like any other candidate,” Huntsman said. “I’ve supported Mitt all along. I wish him well. But I do think he should release his income taxes.”