[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many people between you and the big boss?

matt770

I am 8 levels from the CEO, including my boss and the CEO himself.

The titles are: Project Manager (me) --> Senior Network Support --> Director Network Services --> VP --> SVP --> EVP --> President --> Senior EVP --> Chairman & CEO

Small company....me ----> sales mgr ---> VP of sales ----> company owner.

That said, I couldn't pick the owner out of a police lineup. Never met him.

Me >>> Prod Eng Lead >>> Prod Eng Manager >>> VP Prod Eng >>> VP Production >>> President/CEO (same guy)

5 levels above me I guess.

Sounds like you work for a major or integrated independent. You oughtta consider a smaller, more private E&P. I work directly for the CEO/President/Co-Owner and I sure enjoy the reduced number of meetings and layers of BS. The irony is that our "little independent" has been in business for 70 years plus and is like a freaking iceberg. I bet we are bigger in terms of reserves/enterprise value than a whole bunch of the publicly traded producers out there.

Sounds like you work for a major or integrated independent. You oughtta consider a smaller, more private E&P. I work directly for the CEO/President/Co-Owner and I sure enjoy the reduced number of meetings and layers of BS. The irony is that our "little independent" has been in business for 70 years plus and is like a freaking iceberg. I bet we are bigger in terms of reserves/enterprise value than a whole bunch of the publicly traded producers out there.

I am actually leaving my current employer (slightly better than 150,000 barrels per day) tomorrow. Moving to a larger company (over 500,000 barrels per day) with a shorter hierarchy. I've had offers from the junior producers/private companies in the past and typically they are heavily weighted on the options/perks rather than benefits and salary/cash bonus.

I am a fairly young engineer and I have a young family so I would rather the security blanket that comes with large companies over the gamble that is juniors/small companies. I have my 40s and 50s to work high risk/high reward jobs when the cost of failing isn't so great.

me and 500 people > 11000 people > CEO

In 3 months it should be 500 people > me and 500 people > 10500 people > CEO

At that point I will be singing the Jefferson's theme!

two

me (& 1 other software developer) - my supervisor (manager of software development for our product) - manager (VP) of all software operations - owner (big boss)

We're a small company of about 30 employees, I've never had more than 2-3 people between me and the owner, and have direct contact with him pretty regularly. He is usually involved in all major decisions.