[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the most boring sport to watch ?

whomper

What is the most boring sport to watch ?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most boring sport to watch ?

• Soccer
    • Nascar
    • Golf
    • Baseball
    • Hockey
    • Football
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Tennis
    • Puddy
    • Cycling

Some people are die hards of certain sports. I am sure a guy that plays golf has no problem watching golf or a guy that likes watching men run and not score has no problem watching soccer. The Olympics got me thinking about this topic. What says the huddle ? If I missed one answer Puddy and post what it is

Edited by whomper

Gotta go with golf. Of the sports I like and follow (doesn't include many on that list like golf, NASCAR, cycling) I'd have to go with baseball. I like a good pitchers dual, but all that dead time between pitches and other things just drive me crazy.

PS Anybody that votes football should get banned or lose their huddle membership.

Hmmm must be why the top performers in most all sports to include Jordan and Elway, say golf is the hardest "sport" to master. Yet skiing is a sport, right?.

- imo, golf may be the most challenging activity/game to master.

edit: golf goes into the same category as pool, darts, bowling, etc imo

- skiing involves oneself racing, body control, endurance, athleticism (certainly not all of the qualities that might define a sport, but sufficient)

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 1

Hmmm must be why the top performers in most all sports to include Jordan and Elway, say golf is the hardest "sport" to master. Yet skiing is a sport, right?.

yeah and john elway is a much better golfer now, at 50-something years old with a broke-down body, than he was as a 30 year old in his NFL prime. which maybe speaks to the question of how athletically challenging it is.

in any case, I answer golf...that is without question my nap sport of choice, although nascar is pretty good too. water polo has potential if it was on more regularly, as does the event where people ride around on horses through a putt-putt course and jump over the windmills and such.

• Like 1

I can watch about any sport...except cycling. It just bores the crap out of me.

+1

Even the crashes are boring. :sleep:

Edited by rocknrobn26

On a side note, of the olympic sports, it has to be dressage. All that happens there is that they ride a horse through a fenced square plot of dirt, then judge which horse walked the best.

I thank baby Jesus everyday for never having to witness this atrocity. And yet, baseball and softball get cut.

while it's not true for me, I can understand when people say that watching poker on tv is torture.

Well, poker is definitely not a sport. About it being on ESPN, remember the "E" stands for Entertainment.

I voted tennis. Any sport where there is pretty much more "downtime" than there is "playing time" just doesn't make the cut. (and if we all think about it, football is probably high up on that list but I don't want anyone to come and burn my house down so let's all pretend I didn't mention this)

DEFENDING CYCLING

Yes, it probably looks boring...and these days, if you're watching the wrong part of a stage race, it probably IS. But there's some really interesting tactics/strategy that goes in damn near EVERY race, if you're willing to take a few minutes to learn about it (and if you aren't, that's perfectly fine).

I WILL bristle a bit when someone says "even the crashes are boring" - I think my favorite explanation of crashing on a bike came from Jonathan Vaughters - "get your car going about 35 mph, strip down to your uunderwear, and dive out the door" - hitting the wall at 210 mph in NASCAR with 2 tons of metal wrapped around you may actually be less hazardous than hitting the deck at 40 mph wearing lycra and a styrofoam helmet is in bike racing.

I'm not saying anyone has to LIKE cycling, just don't diminish it. A pro rider is probably pretty tough (admittedly in a limited spectrum of "toughness")

Cycling has to be the worst...

Maybe it has to do with everyone being able to do it since they were a kid?? Just pedal harder than the next person and you win? I know there's more to it than that, but honestly most just don't care enough to find out what a "team" of bicyclers do (other than hold up traffic while practicing). The only thing that's more boring than that is marathon running, which I have seen aired during the Olympics.. and trust me... after that, you are begging for them to put on cycling.

Cycling has to be the worst...

Maybe it has to do with everyone being able to do it since they were a kid?? Just pedal harder than the next person and you win? I know there's more to it than that, but honestly most just don't care enough to find out what a "team" of bicyclers do (other than hold up traffic while practicing).

Obviously I'm not going to convince you, but one of the things I was thinking about while being so tired I was about to fall off of my bike was "ya know, I bet to someone who doesn't realize what I'm going through, I probably look the same as when I started" - cycling is a low-impact aerobic sport, and basically a cyclist is only using his legs....the effort isn't obvious to the average person - which probably isn't helped by the ethos among cyclists to never let your opponents see you hurt.

I think a parallel could be drawn to speed skating - watch them in the winter olympics, they look absolutely smooth and effortless....and then when you watch them at the end of the race, they are GASSED, they have buried themselves - but you don't really see it during the competition.