[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hernia Surgery

cliaz

So it is finally time to get my hernia repaired. It's located on the right side of my groin. I met with a surgeon and all he 'apparently' needed to do is feel where the hernia is to determine what is needed to be done. I figured there would be some type of imaging done first but I guess this is a pretty common surgery. I am not looking forward to it, tbh. It's going to be done laparoscopically except (if I understood the Doc correctly) they do not go all the way through your abdominal wall. Apparently they only go as far as between the muscle wall and your skin, blow it up with air and cut all of the micro arteries/veins and then install a mesh to keep your poop track from slipping out through the weakened area. It just sounds painful. Anyone here had this done before?

I had the surgery about 20 years ago, mesh netting and all. My hernia fell all the way into my sack. I literally had 3 balls in my scrote and it was extremely crowded. Feel free to PM me with any questions or just post here.

I'm guessing you have an inguinal hernia... Yep, been there, done that. When yer junk (sack and dick) turns black a couple days after the surgery don't worry it is supposed to do that.

Had mine done, oh, 16 years ago, roughly. No scans prior to surgery, in and out in about 45 minutes home in about 2 hours and up and around pretty normal in about two days.

Now, I had had mine for a while so it had descended into my sack, they had to do a lot of cutting, yours may not be as bad.

Haven't had ANY issues since.

no pics necessary. :lol:

LMAO! You don't want a nutshot? Best part was that I got rolled in for the surgery prep and a female nurse had to shave my region and handle my junk.

Edited by irish

I've never had a hernia repair, but I know it's a common surgery and usually goes very well. The mesh that's used has improved in strength over the years so the recurrence rate is very low.

Good luck with the surgery. If you don't mind I'm adding you to my prayer list.

My hernia fell all the way into my sack. I literally had 3 balls in my scrote and it was extremely crowded.

Did that cause any damage or pain to 'da boys?' When the doc was walking me through everything it just seemed like any hernia down there would pinch off blood flow to 'Jake and the Twins.'

Find out what type (manufacturer and brand) of mesh will be used and what type of FDA approval the mesh recieved received.

very good idea.

When yer junk (sack and dick) turns black a couple days after the surgery don't worry it is supposed to do that.

Yeah the doc told me that there is a chance I'll form a blood clot and it would turn Jake and the Twins dark purple. Doesn't sound fun.

I've never had a hernia repair, but I know it's a common surgery and usually goes very well. The mesh that's used has improved in strength over the years so the recurrence rate is very low.

Good luck with the surgery. If you don't mind I'm adding you to my prayer list.

:tup: Thanks, Chargerz and absolutely please do put me on the list. One of my biggest phobias in life is waking up during a surgery. It's happened to me twice albeit the colonoscopy and wisdom teeth extraction which had much different types of anesthesia compared to what I'm going to have for this one.

Did that cause any damage or pain to 'da boys?' When the doc was walking me through everything it just seemed like any hernia down there would pinch off blood flow to 'Jake and the Twins.

Everything went very well. However, like others have said i would make sure what meshing they are using because mine may not have been the best especially since it was done so long ago. Reason i say this is because, even though everything functions normally i do have pain from time to time when i do the deed. I also have a general ache in the area where the surgery was done when i do pretty much any physical activity. This may be individual to me, my specific hernia and how active i am and was after surgery.

First of all - best of luck, very important to have it taken care of.

My Dr. preferred stiching the muscle rather than using a mesh. Not a small hernia at the time either. Seemed to be a preference of the surgeons and not a product of the mesh debate from the past. Swore I would never need it fixed again.

A bit sore for a couple days, nothing to keep you in bed after the first day. But you will be very aware of lifting anything. If I remember the restrictions was no more than 3-5 lbs for 2 weeks . Enjoy the sleeping pills and catch up on gilligans island reruns.