[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Day with Dad tomorrow

whomper

Most of you know that almost a year ago to the day my dad had a stroke. He was in a facility for 4 months right after the stroke and has been home since Nov 11. My mom has been a real trooper and takes great care of him. My brother and I also go down to their house a few times a week each to help. It has been a tough road but I am happy to say that my dad has made some pretty nice progress. He never lost the ability to walk but he needs assistance in doing so. His speech didnt suffer much but it did have an affect on his hands and grip which inhibits him a bit but overall he has come a long way considering the shape he was in right after

The reason for this post is because tomorrow I plan on having a very special day.My parents put a ramp in the yard so now he has a little more freedom to go places. My Dad is the biggest Yankees fan on the planet. My brother and I felt that my Dad had progressed enough that, with a little help, we can get him to a game. So on Fathers day we surprised him with tickets to the Yankees game. He has never been to the new stadium and he hasnt seen them live in many many years. He is such a die hard fan that during exhibition pre season games he still asks me for the Red Sox score and if they are losing he says "good" :lol:

I got nice seats in a handicapped section. His wheelchair is his seat for the game and my brother and I get folding chairs. He is very pumped. Everytime I go there he asks me when the game is. he is literally like a kid about it. I was brainwashed by my brother when I was 7 years old . He told me that I like the Orioles and the Cowboys and till this day I still do . But tomorrowm, for one day I will be pulling for the pinstripes and enjoying a day at the ballpark with older bro and my Dad :) Cant wait

ETA. They play the Mariners and I am pretty sure we get to see king Felix in action which is pretty cool too

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1

so im getting all the stuff ready last night and I double check the tickets and the game is tomorrow :bag: all hell is gonna break loose today when I tell my bro :lol: