[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shooting in suburban Milwaukee Sikh temple

Big John

Sounds like the police shot one of the gunmen and are now looking into the possibility that the shooter had an accomplice.

From what it sounds like it was one shooter and not sure if hostages - sounds like they are clearing the building and just being very sure there was no other shooters.

Just an FYI before some idiot goes shooting his/her mouth off - Sikhs wear turbans and have beards, but are NOT Muslim in any way; as a matter of fact, in India they fought against Muslims.

Really a neat religion to learn about.

Damn shame. Not sure what the motivation of the shooter may have been, but if it was some sort of ignorant, intolerant act, how f'in disgusting.

Thoughts out to the families

Just an FYI before some idiot goes shooting his/her mouth off - Sikhs wear turbans and have beards, but are NOT Muslim in any way; as a matter of fact, in India they fought against Muslims.

Really a neat religion to learn about.

Damn shame. Not sure what the motivation of the shooter may have been, but if it was some sort of ignorant, intolerant act, how f'in disgusting.

spot on. One of my best friends is Sikh...actually attended his wedding which was at a temple...was very interesting

Reminds me of right after 9-11 when a local Sikh convenience store owner was gunned down by some idiot as some sort of revenge against the mooslims. Assuming this is a similar reason.

after 9-11 my friend's family that wore turbans didn't wear them for a few weeks after that

Reminds me of right after 9-11 when a local Sikh convenience store owner was gunned down by some idiot as some sort of revenge against the mooslims. Assuming this is a similar reason.

Reported that the assailant fad a 9/11 tattoo.

The world is an angry and crazy place. There are depraved hearts and minds that are ignorant and malevolent in it. The cure for the world's ills is love, tolerance, and understanding, yet folks seem too retrenched to offer these. I understand. Dispair and jealosy seem easier to feed than tolerance and true and open love and fellowship. My word but we are flawed and pathetic creatures.

I did read an interview from one of the leaders of the Sikh community. He seemed a remarkable fellow. He seemed to be looking for peace and understanding and healing in the midst of carnage. If his words reflected his mind and heart I would say he is a remarkable man. It is to my shame that I ask myself the question of whether his words do reflect his true thoughts and feelings.