[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lemme ask this...

SEC=UGA

It has been widely reported as of late that the President of the United States, that commie, illegal immigrant, mooslim now backs gay marriage, though he had not in the past.

Evidently he sat down with his daughters and cogitated about this whole thing, ya know, a bunch of sodomites having the opportunity to wed one another under what I'm sure will be some of the most lavish and fabulous of ceremonies ever witnessed in the history of hughmanity. Evidently he feels, their time has come and three and a half years into his first presidency has decided to put his weight behind the gheys in a push for their right to pay half to their partner when he/she hits the road.

For the longest time, Obama has been seemingly on the fence with regard to gun rights. He has not taken a hard line against gun laws, in fact he has remained pretty neutral. But, knowing where he is from, his background, I am inclined to believe that he probably is for more restrictive gun laws.

I see in the near future Obama sitting down at the dinner table with his family and them having a great dinner, expertly prepared for them by their kitchen staff, served on the finest of china, at a big long banquet type table. Obama starts rapping with his two tykes and they say, "you know daddy, a lot of people are getting shot up here lately. Don't you think it might be time that you begin to do something to change this culture of rampant violence created by guns?" While he sits back in his 18th century Federal arm chair, looking across at their big brown eyes, he begins to think to himself... "You know, Malia and what's her name are right, just like they were on this gheyness thingy. Maybe it is time that I set in motion the idea that we need to greatly restrict the gun ownership rights of my fellow Americans." So he comes out on Good Moron America, sits down with the little tart that runs that show, looks at us through the camera and says: "My fellow Americans, the other night while I was having dinner I was speaking with my two daughters, two very bright and articulate young ladies. We were talking about puppies, music, our family and the fact that there were a number of unnecessary deaths caused by firearms over the past few months. Looking into their eyes, I knew that it was time for me to create a better and safer America for our children, your children. Really, I'm not too concerned about the welfare of mine, they have, what, 12, 15 secret service agents guarding them. But, your children, your family, you are all at risk from these predatory firearms. I come here today to ask for your support and the help of congress to pass comprehensive firearms control laws to keep your children and your other loved ones safe from harm."

So, when you think its gonna happen?

It has been widely reported as of late that the President of the United States, that commie, illegal immigrant, mooslim now backs gay marriage, though he had not in the past.

Evidently he sat down with his daughters and cogitated about this whole thing, ya know, a bunch of sodomites having the opportunity to wed one another under what I'm sure will be some of the most lavish and fabulous of ceremonies ever witnessed in the history of hughmanity. Evidently he feels, their time has come and three and a half years into his first presidency has decided to put his weight behind the gheys in a push for their right to pay half to their partner when he/she hits the road.

For the longest time, Obama has been seemingly on the fence with regard to gun rights. He has not taken a hard line against gun laws, in fact he has remained pretty neutral. But, knowing where he is from, his background, I am inclined to believe that he probably is for more restrictive gun laws.

I see in the near future Obama sitting down at the dinner table with his family and them having a great dinner, expertly prepared for them by their kitchen staff, served on the finest of china, at a big long banquet type table. Obama starts rapping with his two tykes and they say, "you know daddy, a lot of people are getting shot up here lately. Don't you think it might be time that you begin to do something to change this culture of rampant violence created by guns?" While he sits back in his 18th century Federal arm chair, looking across at their big brown eyes, he begins to think to himself... "You know, Malia and what's her name are right, just like they were on this gheyness thingy. Maybe it is time that I set in motion the idea that we need to greatly restrict the gun ownership rights of my fellow Americans." So he comes out on Good Moron America, sits down with the little tart that runs that show, looks at us through the camera and says: "My fellow Americans, the other night while I was having dinner I was speaking with my two daughters, two very bright and articulate young ladies. We were talking about puppies, music, our family and the fact that there were a number of unnecessary deaths caused by firearms over the past few months. Looking into their eyes, I knew that it was time for me to create a better and safer America for our children, your children. Really, I'm not too concerned about the welfare of mine, they have, what, 12, 15 secret service agents guarding them. But, your children, your family, you are all at risk from these predatory firearms. I come here today to ask for your support and the help of congress to pass comprehensive firearms control laws to keep your children and your other loved ones safe from harm."

So, when you think its gonna happen?

Nothing.

President Obama is a lot of things, including an expert on constitutional law. As a general rule, constitutional rights are to be interpreted broadly and the government's ability to curtail those rights is to be interpreted narrowly. Regarding the ghey marriage, the President's position interprets the constitutionally-protected right to marry broadly in of favor the citizen's right to marry the person of his or her choice, and is hostile to the government's ability to restrict that right. Thus, I suspect the President will do the same with 2nd Amendment rights and I've neither seen nor heard anything that would make me suspicious of the contrary.

And recall that the President's current view on the ghey marriage isn't out of left field - he said early on that his administration wasn't going to actively enforce DOMA and it didn't. His current position is consistent with that approach.

Edited by yo mama

Is there a cliff notes version of the OP?

Do I have to write it at a third grade level for ya?

Obama was against ghey marriage, then he was for it.

He has been neutral on gun regulations, do you think he will revise his opinion in the near future?

Do I have to write it at a third grade level for ya?

Obama was against ghey marriage, then he was for it.

He has been neutral on gun regulations, do you think he will revise his opinion in the near future?

Depends, can it help him get re-elected :shrug:

One third grader's opinion:

I personally could care less. I'm opposed to gay marriage because I feel that marriage is a fundamental tradition in this country. However, I strongly support civil unions recognized by the state.

So, knowing that, I could really care less what Obama's position is on the gay marriagee issue. There are way more important things that need to be addressed, IMO.

Edited by Bronco Billy

As far as gun control, I believe in the 2nd Amendment but see assault weapons as having greater potential for harm than good in the hands of average Americans.

So I could really care less about how Obama feels about guns as long as he doesn't use an executive order to repeal the 2nd Amendment. There are way more important issues that need to be addressed, IMO.

BB,

First off let me thank you for your time in replying in this thread as it is obvious you are extremely busy. Too busy in fact to read the opening post. Thankfully, I was able to condense it for you in order for you to share your opinion with us.

I do however find it interesting that while you were short on time that you actually managed to cover not only answer the question I asked, but prior to that weighed in on another topic which I was not looking for an answer on. I am even more honored that you took time to respond considering that you don't care about either of these topics as you feel we have more important issues to worry about.

If you would like to tell me on what topics you would like to speak, I will be happy to start a thread about them so that you may puff out your chest and enthrall us with your often witty and well reasoned comments.

In closing, I would like to apologize for starting a topic that isn't arousing to you and the dragging you in here, essentially, wasting your time by forcing you to comment.

Oh, yeah, and Tebow and Elway are fags. But since you don't care either way about the gheys, that doesn't matter.

• Like 2

Oh, yeah, and Tebow and Elway are fags. But since you don't care either way about the gheys, that doesn't matter.

He said he "could" care less, meaning he does care about that since it is possible for him to care to a lesser degree.]

I started reading the opening diatribe, got about a quarter of the way through, realized it was a bunch of written goobletygook, and gave up, hoping someone would give me a summary.

We've got some very real issues that have to be addressed this election. We've got a new health care system that: 1) puts the Federal government, in the form of appointees, in charge of every citizen's petrsonal health care decisions, 2) will drive providers out of the market by capping fees while not capping torts or practice insurance costs, 3) drive us to a single payer system by forcing the collapse of private healt insurance through capped rates and the inability of companies to refuse pre-existing conditions, and 4) turn our entire health care system and one sixth of our private sector over to a Federal government who screws up everything they touch.

We've got a sitting President who is running on reducing the national debt by $4T over the next four years when the national debt has gone up $5.28T since he's been and office, an almost 50% increase over his term, and his only solutions are to blame the previous adiministration, propose a budget that not one member of his own party in Congress will vote for, and keep spending.

We've got a SS system that is now producing negative returns for citizens and was stripped of its trust fund by Washinton years ago, and is on a rapid downhill ride to complete insolvency.

We've got a massive private sector problem in this country that is showing no signs of improvement and has resulted in 8+% unemployment for the entire term of this administration, and the administration's response has been to pass over 100 regulations - more than 3 times as mny as the previous administration did in 8 years, and has 144 more on tap for after the coming election.

We have a President who has circumvented the Constitution through Executive Orders three different times, negating the checks and balances in the Constitution and deciding unilaterally what laws he has determined that he will or will not enforce.

What do you want to talk about? Gun control laws that aren,t going to change and gay marriage that doesn't meaningfully change how our government currently operates.

It's people like you who abhor Obama but insist on playing gotcha with small peripheral issues who are taking their eyes, and consequently everyone's elses's eyes, off the big picture, the things that matter on a fundamental level to this country. By providing these kinds of sideshow distractions, you let this administration float by on the really important issues, much to the glee of the administration you detest so much.

Look, it's America and you can do what the hell you want. But don't expect me to participate in your little circus that does nothing but help perpetuate this administration for another 4 years.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

Is there a cliff notes version of the OP?

I started reading the opening diatribe, got about a quarter of the way through, realized it was a bunch of written goobletygook, and gave up, hoping someone would give me a summary.

We've got some very real issues that have to be addressed this election. We've got a new health care system that: 1) puts the Federal government, in the form of appointees, in charge of every citizen's petrsonal health care decisions, 2) will drive providers out of the market by capping fees while not capping torts or practice insurance costs, 3) drive us to a single payer system by forcing the collapse of private healt insurance through capped rates and the inability of companies to refuse pre-existing conditions, and 4) turn our entire health care system and one sixth of our private sector over to a Federal government who screws up everything they touch.

We've got a sitting President who is running on reducing the national debt by $4T over the next four years when the national debt has gone up $5.28T since he's been and office, an almost 50% increase over his term, and his only solutions are to blame the previous adiministration, propose a budget that not one member of his own party in Congress will vote for, and keep spending.

We've got a SS system that is now producing negative returns for citizens and was stripped of its trust fund by Washinton years ago, and is on a rapid downhill ride to complete insolvency.

We've got a massive private sector problem in this country that is showing no signs of improvement and has resulted in 8+% unemployment for the entire term of this administration, and the administration's response has been to pass over 100 regulations - more than 3 times as mny as the previous administration did in 8 years, and has 144 more on tap for after the coming election.

We have a President who has circumvented the Constitution through Executive Orders three different times, negating the checks and balances in the Constitution and deciding unilaterally what laws he has determined that he will or will not enforce.

What do you want to talk about? Gun control laws that aren,t going to change and gay marriage that doesn't meaningfully change how our government currently operates.

It's people like you who abhor Obama but insist on playing gotcha with small peripheral issues who are taking their eyes, and consequently everyone's elses's eyes, off the big picture, the things that matter on a fundamental level to this country. By providing these kinds of sideshow distractions, you let this administration float by on the really important issues, much to the glee of the administration you detest so much.

Look, it's America and you can do what the hell you want. But don't expect me to participate in your little circus that does nothing but help perpetuate this administration for another 4 years.

OK, so I'm about the last person here who should give someone crap for a long post, but I thought this was pretty funny.

In terms of the original question, I don't think Obama's stance on gay marriage is such an about face. Nowhere near the kind that you're suggesting could happen with guns.

He's been essentially pro gay rights all along and has, bit by bit, worked in that direction. Not defending DOMA, repealing DADT, now this.

Can't argue with you about the cliff notes/length of my post thing det. He and people like him just piss me off when they try to play their little games when there"s some really serious #### going on.

For starters, I know people who might take offense to your notion that them living in this country and not enjoying the rights of others doesn't qualify as "serious chight".

Secondly, this is an online forum. We get into arguments about whether or not TO is a good signing for Seattle. So, at least in this place. Where, we all basically come to waste time and not get things done, I find it odd that you're taking such exception with discussing things like this at the expense of things you find more important.

I think Americans can fix almost anything. We've been through much tougher times in the past and found the will that swung the pendulum the opposite way.

It would be depressing to think that most Americans are satisfied enough with the current state and direction of the country that they would choose to continue down this path.