[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How savvy is the Huddle ad targeting?

detlef

First off, I'm not surprised to see banner ads for merchant websites that I've visted pop up in the huddle. I'm curious about the amount of Obama ads I do.

I don't specifically go to a lot of politcal sites on my own, and when I do, it's typically because someone here has linked to a story. Which means, I'm about as likely to go to some Fox link that perch has posted as I am to some American-hating commie story that others here may post.

In fact, if I had to guess, I'm actually more likely to go the Fox deal because I'm less curious to read about what I likely already am inclined to believe. The poster has usually quoted enough of the story that I'm inclined to say, "Yep, that's how I see it" and fill in the blanks. It's when someone pulls quotes from a story showing an opinion that I'm opposed to that I'm more likely to check it out and see where the data came from.

So, how is it that I'm being selected for so many Obama ads? I'm assuming that's not common here at the Huddle?

I use AdBlock and DoNotTrack in all of my browsers. Both these plugins are free on download.com.

+1

Never used DoNotTrack, but the AdBlock Plus plugin for Chrome is sweeeeeet. Made my parents switch from IE to Chrome with that as the lure to them (that whole "fear change" thingy had to be overcome compared to their annoyance at all the ads).

+1

Never used DoNotTrack, but the AdBlock Plus plugin for Chrome is sweeeeeet. Made my parents switch from IE to Chrome with that as the lure to them (that whole "fear change" thingy had to be overcome compared to their annoyance at all the ads).

Do Not Track Plus is free and available at http://www.abine.com/dntdetail.php.

It knows where I live.

Me too, which is why I keep seeing banner ads reminding me that it is now illegal to suggest the sea levels may be rising faster than some GOP state senator who happens to be a real estate agent on the coast is prepared to believe. Sort of creepy.

NJ, but close enough. Still, the Jets?

Long story on why that is there but it will only last 2 days and limited to your area. What I hate is when my wife comes into my office and makes me call up some vase or something she wants to buy. Then I have to see ads for vases for weeks.

Auto banners and aftermarket part adds is all I see and once I bought something from americanmuscle.com (mustang aftermarket parts), ads from their site seem to follow me everywhere on the net (here and the MFL sites mostly)

Very effective, I must say. I used to modify mustangs in my younger days (1990s) and hadnt plan on modifying my 06 GT at all until I began seeing all the slashed prices, reviews and how-to videos...now I'm hooked, again

• Like 1

Was shopping for a motorcycle battery the other day, then I came to the Huddle and all the ads were for the same thing. So like most places, its pretty savvy gathering the info from your browser/search history.

Detlef must be reading up on Romney a lot to get all those Romney ads. ;)