[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, headed to Home Depot yesterday...

FWmaker

Did most of my shopping for some lighting, etc. and just before leaving, I asked if someone (insert name) was working today. "Yes, I'll find him for you." So he was pointed out to me, and I waited patiently while he was helping someone. Once done, I went up to him and said, "John?" He responded. Then I said, "Do you still need me to take you to the hospital for your toe?" (Some of you know about this). I apparently floored him. ROVERS' face lit up with recognition.

He's no longer posting here due to some emotional outbursts, etc., but many know him. Seemed ok, but he had just gone through some procedures, recently. He's only in one local league now, and not really posting on any FF sites at this time.

Reminded me of an older, taller, leprechan, - Mickey Rooney type.

DID actually look and seem like he's had a lot of stuff go on with his life.

Left him smiling (both of us).

• Like 1

Did most of my shopping for some lighting, etc. and just before leaving, I asked if someone (insert name) was working today. "Yes, I'll find him for you." So he was pointed out to me, and I waited patiently while he was helping someone. Once done, I went up to him and said, "John?" He responded. Then I said, "Do you still need me to take you to the hospital for your toe?" (Some of you know about this). I apparently floored him. ROVERS' face lit up with recognition.

He's no longer posting here due to some emotional outbursts, etc., but many know him. Seemed ok, but he had just gone through some procedures, recently. He's only in one local league now, and not really posting on any FF sites at this time.

Reminded me of an older, taller, leprechan, - Mickey Rooney type.

DID actually look and seem like he's had a lot of stuff go on with his life.

Left him smiling (both of us).

That's a great story. Nice job. :tup:

That's a great story and too bad he left. Now I feel bad about all of the Pastorini comments. :-(

i know that drove off s.o.r.e.s. i don't completely recall, but i think rovers had a parking lot incident (or something while driving) that didn't get the desired tg reaction.

Edited by Bier Meister

i know that drove off s.o.r.e.s. i don't completely recall, but i think rovers had a parking lot incident (or something while driving) that didn't get the desired tg reaction.

It was actually a gas station incident w/ a "Paki-Indi" person. I won't post the link, but it's easy to find by searching his name.

He was dumped on pretty hard. Did he deserve it? I'll leave that up to individual opinions.

It was actually a gas station incident w/ a "Paki-Indi" person. I won't post the link, but it's easy to find by searching his name.

He was dumped on pretty hard. Did he deserve it? I'll leave that up to individual opinions.

I like the guy well enough. He just a little "inflexible" after he quit smoking. I hope he comes. I mean, if everyone who worked up a little quit the Huddle there wouldn't be anyone left around here. :ninja:

He came across as a racist doooosh in a thread, and when called out on it took his ball and left because no one backed him up. Didn't know huddle rules meant you were supposed to back up your anonymous internet friends when they acted like racist dooooshes, I must have missed that memo. On the other hand, I ever had a problem with him before, he was a good huddler with good Jets insight, seemed like a hard working guy that went through some tough stuff in his life, but his leaving is 100% on him, not on the people here.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

The Irish have a way of getting their feathers ruffled easily. Most are "like to fight guys" because they think it is their heredtic right. Seemed like a good guy, though easily offended. Wish him the best.

Edited by Hugh B Tool