[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rough Stretches in Life

cre8tiff

FWMaker's thread about Rovers and his hard stretch in life got me to thinking. I personally am coming out of the worst 5 year stretch in my life, and honestly, I think I am far stronger for it.

In the past five years I have:

Lost both parents (one at a time)

My marriage of 23 years ended

I have come close to dying in two separate accidents (still rehapping my rotator cuff from the second one)

My three children have all moved to college

So tell me, what was the hardest stretch in your life, and how did (or are) you get(ting) past it?

Edited by cre8tiff

FWMaker's thread about Rovers and his hard stretch in life got me to thinking. I personally am coming out of the worst 5 year stretch in my life, and honestly, I think I am far stronger for it.

I have come close to dying in two separate accidents (still rehapping my rotator cuff from the second one)

So tell me, what was the hardest stretch in your life, and how did (or are) you get(ting) past it?

Something to be proud of so not all bad - congrats on that!!

• Like 1

That sounds like an Alaskan cruise compared to my reality.

yall have suffered immense loss and have endured/are enduring great pain. I can relate to a few of the things yall are going thru, not all, but a few. My best advice surround yourself with positive people, friends and family you can lean on when you feel despair in your situation...knowing that these people care so much about you and love you with all their heart, they can help you thru the hard times now, hard times weighing on your heart from the past, and also the hard times that may come in the future. If you believe in God, prayer when you cant think of anything else to do would definitely get you thru. Pick up the bible and read Job also. One of my favorite books of the bible about pain and suffering. God bless and take care all:)))

yall have suffered immense loss and have endured/are enduring great pain. I can relate to a few of the things yall are going thru, not all, but a few. My best advice surround yourself with positive people, friends and family you can lean on when you feel despair in your situation...knowing that these people care so much about you and love you with all their heart, they can help you thru the hard times now, hard times weighing on your heart from the past, and also the hard times that may come in the future. If you believe in God, prayer when you cant think of anything else to do would definitely get you thru. Pick up the bible and read Job also. One of my favorite books of the bible about pain and suffering. God bless and take care all:)))

I have no tats but i'm seriously having DGAN (Don't give an inch) tattooed on my right arm to remind me.

Edited by polksalet

I have had a blessed life, but having ten stents put in my heart since 2006 (two this year) has definitely given me a sense of my own mortality.

Isn't it an interesting feeling? I have to say my last brush with death (a serious car crash two months ago) really drove home just how tenuous our lease on this earth really is. At any instant it could end. It was kind of freeing, actually. It taught me to appreciate each hour of each day for what it is, a gift. And, oddly enough, it slapped me out of a deep depression.

Isn't it an interesting feeling? I have to say my last brush with death (a serious car crash two months ago) really drove home just how tenuous our lease on this earth really is. At any instant it could end. It was kind of freeing, actually. It taught me to appreciate each hour of each day for what it is, a gift. And, oddly enough, it slapped me out of a deep depression.

Good to see you are emotionally in a better place. Life is indeed fragile.

I hear ya...

10 year stretch started with:

Lost my job of 10 years to plant closure

Wife left me due to loss of job and hard times

Left me with about 50,000 in debt

Found out both my mom and step dad were diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer within two weeks of each other

Dad diagnosed with prostate cancer

Son was born premature 3 1/2 months at 2 lbs. and was in the intensive care nicu for 100 days and on a breathing tube for over half of that

Lost my mom to her battle with cancer

Stepdad of 24 years survived and decided to move on with another lady and completely disconnect himself from all my siblings and our children

Needless to say it has been a very trying 10 year stretch but I am happy to say that I now have 2 beautiful kids with my new wife and am now 4 months into my new city job I got after 8 years of applying and trying. It was the worst stretch of my life by far but it prepared me for whatever life decides to toss at me from here on out!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe