[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board League 8 Team Thread

DMD

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have been commented on, but how did MJD last till the 5th round? The comments from MJD today were positive and I think he's back in camp by week one. I must be in the minority here.

I still wouldn't take him 4th round in 8-team league this year. 5th round is when I'd consider it. I'd be SHOCKED if he doesn't suffer a setback from waltzing into week 1 with virtually no practice or preseason games under his belt.

I'm abstaining from the vote between 18 and 20. I'm against anything more than 20.

Well, if you're abstaining, then there's 4 of 7 and it passes anyway.

None the less, I sent DMD a message asking if this was even possible to do. Something that might matter in this whole thing.

Well, if you're abstaining, then there's 4 of 7 and it passes anyway.

None the less, I sent DMD a message asking if this was even possible to do. Something that might matter in this whole thing.

It's not the outcome, it's the principle. I think 20 is a better number given the no add/drop, but in general, I'm very much against changing rules mid-game. :shrug:

I don't think that's the case. Rather, just enough depth so that nobody is starting zeros at any positions come December. Hell, you never draft 2 Kickers, but it'd be nice to have one in this league. Say your kicker blows an ACL in week 2? You're giving up 5-10 pts a week every week from that point on.

Exactly.

It's not the outcome, it's the principle. I think 20 is a better number given the no add/drop, but in general, I'm very much against changing rules mid-game. :shrug:

If we were actually risking something, like money, I'd be in full agreement that changing rules mid-stream sets a bad precedent. The fact is that nothing is at risk and this is mostly for pride and a free huddle membership, I think it's fine. Poor DMD - he tried to start a fun and free contest for us forum members and it's turned into a bigger ordeal than it needs to be. Bottom line is that more than half the league want to make the changes and that should be end of discussion.

I'm not barking at you, specifically zestmon, just venting about the absurdness that we're all involved in at the moment. We should have taken a vote and called it a day. We're all competitive and love FF but let's not make this a bigger deal than it should be.

I still wouldn't take him 4th round in 8-team league this year. 5th round is when I'd consider it. I'd be SHOCKED if he doesn't suffer a setback from waltzing into week 1 with virtually no practice or preseason games under his belt.

In 2011 MJD missed the first 3 preseason games due to off season knee injury. He went on to win the rushing title.

Would a few more rounds be nice? Probably. You probably won't get much sympathy from DMD when he drafts for the fantasy index in May. That's a best ball format. For the whole world to see while they are locked in their bathrooms.

Has this been an issue in the 12 man and 10 man leagues? Same roster size and starting requirements there.

In 2011 MJD missed the first 3 preseason games due to off season knee injury. He went on to win the rushing title.

Yeah but he was healthy when the season started. I'm saying MJD will get injured within the first two or so games due to lack of preparation. I don't know exactly why I feel this, but I guess I'm just not feeling MJD this year. I think Jennings will be much more effective for them in the long run this year.

Yeah but he was healthy when the season started. I'm saying MJD will get injured within the first two or so games due to lack of preparation. I don't know exactly why I feel this, but I guess I'm just not feeling MJD this year. I think Jennings will be much more effective for them in the long run this year.

I decided to not keep MJD in another league for this reason.