[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here comes Issac.

tbimm

beautiful morning been for a bike ride already, nice breeze, cool & no cars on the road. the first drizzle bands are just getting here and the gust are picking up. Looking like we will get the east part of the eye as is. piece of cake fellas. we will definately lose power for a period.

will give updates until it goes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring, windy a little wet. they made me take off of work for this.sssshhhit.

Yeah so far not very impressive. One small tree went down and as I am typing the power went out. Will be shutting it all down until just before dark when I fire up the generator.

Lots of wind here...and raining off and on. After Isaac is finished busting New Orleans, looks like Baton Rouge will be next. I have put out sand bags around our backdoor. Generator is running fine. Have window A/C out...we are ready to rock here. If we lose electricity...someone finish my DOH! draft...don't worry, you can't mess up that behemoth.

Woke up this morning and was surprised to see the eye still hovering along the coast. That's one slow-moving sumbitch.

Yea, that stuff is freaky. Being from the midwest I'm familiar with tornadoes but never seen a hurricane. People from other parts of the US seem to think tornadoes are too crazy to live around, but I'll take 1 hour of spooky weather (if that) over 2 day events of a 5 mile wide chit storm. Good luck to all you down there.

Ha, things have taken a turn for the worse to say the least. For a Cat 1 this is a summbich. Haven't had power since sometime last night. Finally fired up the Huddle generator and have my communications back up but little else. Took a walk this morning. Lots of downed trees and some flooding but only minor. Winds are kicking ass though. We look to be in for at least a whole day of this added to yesterdays weather. As feared Isaac appears to enjoy our fare city and has decided to stay a while.

Yea, that stuff is freaky. Being from the midwest I'm familiar with tornadoes but never seen a hurricane. People from other parts of the US seem to think tornadoes are too crazy to live around, but I'll take 1 hour of spooky weather (if that) over 2 day events of a 5 mile wide chit storm. Good luck to all you down there.

We had a hurricane pass right over us when I was kid living in CT. Brutal winds for a while, trees down, flooding, then when the eye passed over it was sunny, birds chirping, surreal, then we got clobbered with the back end of the storm. We lost power for a week.

Tornadoes scare me more, given that they come out of nowhere and can destroy your home in an instant.

Oh, and the reporters standing outside bracing themselves against the wind, yelling into the microphone, struggling to collect their thoughts because their very lives are in jeopardy, stop it, just stop. It's been done to death.

Ha, things have taken a turn for the worse to say the least. For a Cat 1 this is a summbich. Haven't had power since sometime last night. Finally fired up the Huddle generator and have my communications back up but little else. Took a walk this morning. Lots of downed trees and some flooding but only minor. Winds are kicking ass though. We look to be in for at least a whole day of this added to yesterdays weather. As feared Isaac appears to enjoy our fare city and has decided to stay a while.

But, can you still find a hooker on Bourbon St.?

Oh, and the reporters standing outside bracing themselves against the wind, yelling into the microphone, struggling to collect their thoughts because their very lives are in jeopardy, stop it, just stop. It's been done to death.

it's going to take one of them getting brained by a piece of flying debris before they stop.

sounds like they're going to get more rain than Noah. let's hope those pumps and levees hold up. most of the damage and flooding I've heard about so far seems to be outside or new orleans and the immediate suburbs.