[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here comes Issac.

tbimm

it's going to take one of them getting brained by a piece of flying debris before they stop.

sounds like they're going to get more rain than Noah. let's hope those pumps and levees hold up. most of the damage and flooding I've heard about so far seems to be outside or new orleans and the immediate suburbs.

Are these reporters going out there on their own, deciding to put themselves in risky positions? Or is it their bosses, the heads of the news agencies/stations that are telling them to do it? My guess is the latter, and until it stops getting them better ratings none of them will stop.

I agree it is stupid and dangerous, just don't think the reporters that are doing it are the ones to blame.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these reporters going out there on their own, deciding to put themselves in risky positions? Or is it their bosses, the heads of the news agencies/stations that are telling them to do it? My guess is the latter, and until it stops getting them better ratings none of them will stop.

I agree it is stupid and dangerous, just don't think the reporters that are doing it are the ones to blame.

Like this

Edited by SEC=UGA

The eye is just south of us...so we are getting the east side of the eye wall. The most intense winds are hammering us now and we are going on 8 hours of straight pour down rain. Amazingly, I still have electricity. I had to chalk a leak in my living room window...other than that...comfortable.

Winds have finally died down to tolerable levels here and we are getting breaks of sunshine. Still seeing rain bands and will for the rest of the day probably. A lot of clean up to do but the city took the storm very well considering what some of the neighboring parishes are dealing with in storm surge.

Dam might break at Lake Tangipahoa, could reach Kentwood in 90 minutes. This sucker has produced more water than we have ever seen. So much flooding and a lot more to come. I heard on news yesterday that the Mississippi was actually flowing backwards because of the large surge and the angle it came in. To say this cat 1 was bad...is an understatement.

Apparently Isaac is not done with us. What's being described as a remnant of Isaac moved back in my area last night. We're currently flooded in and there's major localized flooding and power outages in my county. What's worse is it's moving back offshore & they are saying it may rebuild back into a tropical system. :tdown:

Apparently Isaac is not done with us. What's being described as a remnant of Isaac moved back in my area last night. We're currently flooded in and there's major localized flooding and power outages in my county. What's worse is it's moving back offshore & they are saying it may rebuild back into a tropical system. :tdown:

Wow. That is one helluva storm. When it came up here it sat over us for 2 days. We got some much needed rain, but man that thing has some strength.