[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Car

Joose

He guys, I'm not sure if there are any car guys on these forums but I'd figure I give it a try. So I just sold my truck pocketed 10 grand, sold a trailer made another 5 grand, then sold an old race car I had which was my final sale and made 5 grand. Which is a total of 20 grand for all of you that aren't mathematicians out there haha.

I'm about to go buy my first car on my own, this is the first really big purchase that I am making in my life (I'm only 22).

I want a sports car, or an old school muscle car. Looking to actually spend around 15 grand on it but I'll pay up to 18 if it's worth it.

I've been looking at Subaru WRX STI's but I heard they require a ton of maintenance. Look at some Honda S2000's too which were pretty nice. I want something that's fun to drive and I guess not so practical. Oh and I checked out some 70's Camaros, love them but I don't know if they are that reliable.

So yeah just give me some help! I want something that's fast, good looking, reliable, and doesn't require tons of maintenance. And want to know if I am over looking an makes and models.

I know there are people on these forums with more 'life experience' and I just dont want to spend a lot of money on something I'll regret a few years down the road.

Thanks guy!

I've been looking at Subaru WRX STI's but I heard they require a ton of maintenance. Look at some Honda S2000's too which were pretty nice.

There are a couple of chicks at my office complex that have these. I'll check with them on Tuesday and let you know their thoughts.

Very funny. Alright nevermind came to the wrong place to ask for help go ahead and delete the post.

thought you were an expert in this area. why would you need advice?

edit: you have those here that are fond of germans, japanese, vettes, other muscle cars, etc. what it comes down to is what you want. what appeals to you?

Edited by Bier Meister

thought you were an expert in this area. why would you need advice?

edit: you have those here that are fond of germans, japanese, vettes, other muscle cars, etc. what it comes down to is what you want. what appeals to you?

Oh, obviously you seen my posts on 'whats the most boring sport' thread. I guess if you want to say I'm an expert in the motorsports thing, but not in the personal vehicle department. Which is why I came here to ask a few people what their opinions were, knowing that there were considerably older people on this forums than I am, and age is wisdom.

I don't have a particular interest in a certain make or model, and it doesn't really matter to me what country the car was produced in either. Just was asking for advice from people that have more expertise on this subject than I do myself (as far as purchasing vehicles for personal use). I thought maybe someone has been in a situation similar to mine.

There are a couple of chicks at my office complex that have these. I'll check with them on Tuesday and let you know their thoughts.

Lighten up Francis. We're just bustin yer balls a little.

You're in Florida, you're 22, you need a Mustang convertible. Pick up all the tail now, cause you sure ain't getting this car when you're 35 with 2 kids. :lol:

check autotrader.com

also check the insurance on a WRX. I know of at least 2 people in their 20's who couldn't afford the insurance. In FLA, I would buy a convertible. If you want low/cheap maintenance, I'd stick with a Japanese car like a Subaru, Honda or Nissan

Well, if you're going to drive it daily, forget about something from the 70's. I'd also forget about those older turbocharged cars. I like german cars, but to get in that price range, you have to go back a few years, which is going to increase your maintenance costs. You might be able to find an Audi S4 in your price range. For a less expensive german car, if you like the styling of the VW GTI, you'll want to drive one.

Sports cars that you may want to look at include the WRX, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (Evo), Mazda RX-8, and Infinity G35. You can probably find a Nissan 350z. I think that its a dog of a car, but some people like them. I'm not sure what the used Hyundai Genesis coupes are going for. (Looks more like a sports car than it really is.)

Honda S2000 is a good car, but I tend to agree with those who say that its a girls car. Almost the same with the Mazda MX-5, which is a shame because that's a great car.

Its not really a sports car, but the late Pontiac G8 GT is kinda nice. I'd look into the availability of the parts since it has been discontinued.

Good luck.

Edited by Furd

You want fast? Mid to late 90's toyota supra turbo. Or the Dodge Stealth, Mitsu 3000 GT.

Autotrader.com

Our friendly interwem mechanic tbimm warned me about these 2 when my kid wanted one, if yer 22 in Florida go to the dog track and pick up a Sugar Momma, maybe you'll tear somethun loose tiger :sick:

Be sure to get one of those loud exhausts and rims that spin. Chicks alos dig those big wings that provide downforce on my rear wheels even though my car is front-wheel drive. I get all kinds of under-22 tail when I drive my Toyota Civic WRX RS Zero AMG Luftwaffe. My 4 cylinders are full of cool and fierceness.

• Like 1

Be sure to get one of those loud exhausts and rims that spin. Chicks alos dig those big wings that provide downforce on my rear wheels even though my car is front-wheel drive. I get all kinds of under-22 tail when I drive my Toyota Civic WRX RS Zero AMG Luftwaffe. My 4 cylinders are full of cool and fierceness.

Timmayyy. I'm disappointed that you didn't recommend some prehistoric POS Corvette.

Or maybe you're starting to come around? :thinking:

I went and test drove a 300zx today guy had a lot of upgrades on it, SUPER fun car to drive and he took really good car of it the interior was spotless.

Tomorrow going to check out a Subaru WRX STI (2005). I called the insurance to get a quote since I've never had a ticket or been in a car accident it wasn't too pricey, so that shouldn't be an issue.