[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friday 9/7

cliaz

Yikes - this came up fast - I have my first, major surgery to repair a hernia. I totally dig the doctor which is good. We both have the same birthday (albeit different years) and I noticed when he was checking around my groin that he has soft yet firm hands. One major concern I have is that no one has asked for any type of imaging to be done - no blood work - nothing. but I guess when you have part of your bowels pressing through your abdomen it's pretty obvious. He will be performing the surgery laparoscopically which is nice. (Chargerz, have you perform hysterectomy laparoscopically?)

Outside of my major concern above, I am also concerned about how I react to anesthesia. This will be the first time I've gone under general anesthesia. with the other forms of anesthesia (twilight for minor procedures) I've woken up/became aware and I kind of have a phobia of anesthesia awareness. But outside of those things I'm kind of excited. I love medical technology. Plus, there is a 99% chance that my junk will turn black and blue due to blood clots and I really want to tell the wife that he screwed up and my junk is going to fall off.

Whelp, I'm 6 beers in on some dogfish head 120 minute so it's time to wee-wee. Got a nice buzz going on so I'm going to go ahead and skip over jerking off tonight. I don't think that''s going to happen with Mr. noodle right now. Stevegrab - I miss you, boo.

You should do fine. That surgery is done frequently, and it goes well.

I do over 90% of my hysterectomies laparoscopically (the connections to the uterus are cut with cautery scissors and then it is pulled out through the vagina). Most patients go home the same day.

I do over 90% of my hysterectomies laparoscopically (the connections to the uterus are cut with cautery scissors and then it is pulled out through the vagina). Most patients go home the same day.

translated for cliaz: they are going to pull your hernia through your pee-hole.

Enjoy.

It feels like i did something like 300 sit-ups. The pain itself isn't too bad except where they put in a breathing tube. They used some type of glue instead of stitches to close up where they went in. That anesthesia was brutal though. the last memory i have is the nurse putting on the arm extensions to the operating table then waking up in recovery. I don't even remember the doctors coming in at all. All and all, not bad at all.

Back at home albeit doped up and in pain. i think the worst part is the pain from the breathing tube....well that and i don't want to cough at all.

Glad you made it home okay! :tup:

Remember how for the past 6 years or so my back has been completely trashed? Simple things like stepping off of a curb wrong could throw my back out (and me in severe pain) for weeks. Well, I think I may have had weak spots in my groin area well before I started feeling a hernia and I bet the weakness of the front was causing my back to go out of alignment a bit causing pain. I haven't take any pain medication since Monday and my back pain has dropped to about 10% of what it was. I do have degenerative disk disease so the logical conclusion was that is where all my pain was coming from. Apparently, not as much as I (and my Drs) thought. I feel freaking fantastic.