[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone watch the Browns yesterday?

MothAudio

Jackson got me 16 pts off in a variety of ways - thank you - but he only had one [1] solo tackle? Really? This guys registers more tackles than that every night sleeping with his wife!

Yeah, the game was being televized locally but had a family function and missed the early games. I heard he scored a TD and expected some huge numbers only to be shaking my head when I saw the stat line.

Jackson dropped into coverage a lot in almost a Cover-2 type of look a fair amount as well as some TE/RB route coverage in the flats. That sounds like a gameplan to cover for the inexperience at both OLB positions (Kaluka Maiava and UDFA rookie LJ Fort). I haven't reviewed the game in-depth on the Browns defense side of it but I did watch this one closely (more to get an idea on the Eagles' LB situation).

In addition, the Browns were winning or tied for the majority of the game. The Eagles weren't trying to salt away the game like many teams were doing to the Browns last year. They were throwing to wide receivers on the sidelines and deeper routes. All of that adds up to a game with simple lack of opportunity for Jackson.

I'm not reading too much into this. Jackson is a tackle machine that also manages to hit on some big plays fairly often. If you queue up a run-heavy team that gets up on the Browns early and Jackson is back to posting 8 solos a game. Scott Fujita getting back into the lineup should also help.

Jackson dropped into coverage a lot in almost a Cover-2 type of look a fair amount as well as some TE/RB route coverage in the flats. That sounds like a gameplan to cover for the inexperience at both OLB positions (Kaluka Maiava and UDFA rookie LJ Fort). I haven't reviewed the game in-depth on the Browns defense side of it but I did watch this one closely (more to get an idea on the Eagles' LB situation).

In addition, the Browns were winning or tied for the majority of the game. The Eagles weren't trying to salt away the game like many teams were doing to the Browns last year. They were throwing to wide receivers on the sidelines and deeper routes. All of that adds up to a game with simple lack of opportunity for Jackson.

I'm not reading too much into this. Jackson is a tackle machine that also manages to hit on some big plays fairly often. If you queue up a run-heavy team that gets up on the Browns early and Jackson is back to posting 8 solos a game. Scott Fujita getting back into the lineup should also help.

I put the game on with gamerewind in condensed mode with 1 eye watching as I was doing research and I can back up the statement that he was dropping into coverage (deep too which hints at the cover-2 TFord referenced)