[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPhone 5

rajncajn

So who will be getting it when it comes out? My first thought is that while it's great that it will have a bigger screen, a better camera and supposedly faster with longer battery life, I'd be pretty pissed if I'd already invested heavily into the brand with accessories that will no longer work with the new phones unless I buy their $40 adapter.

I'm sure there are a lot of them out there, but I'm trying to think of what an accessory would be?

Docking stations for music kits would be one, but over the past two years more and more of those have moved to bluetooth anyways.

I think you can get a keyboard docking kit for your phone, but I've never actually seen anyone use one.

I have a lot of extra cords from old iphones so that I can leave a charger at office, charger in bedroom, and a charger in kitchen for convenience, so that definitely sucks a bit. But I also could just be less lazy I suppose and walk to another room to charge my phone.

I think the tradeoff of faster charging and data transfer is probably ultimately worth it.

I won't buy it off the bat, because, well I don't buy anything right off the bat. But I'm sure Christmas timeish or early next year I'll pick one up.

Not I - my contract with Verizon seems to go up (and offer the upgrades) a few months before Apple releases new iPhones so I'm always behind. I never get the latest and greatest. We just got our iPhone 4Ss. Pretty cheap, as well (with my discount and the reduced/subsidized price of the 4S) we paid $50 per phone. I'm happy with that.

Im excited for it, I love all my i products. :D I will be pre-ordering it right after midnight. The new cord thing is irrataiting though............I wish Apple would have gone with the standard mini micro port.

If they did that it would be harder to brain wash the idiot drones into thinking their products are worthwhile.

Edited by polksalet

So who will be getting it when it comes out? My first thought is that while it's great that it will have a bigger screen, a better camera and supposedly faster with longer battery life, I'd be pretty pissed if I'd already invested heavily into the brand with accessories that will no longer work with the new phones unless I buy their $40 adapter.

A new way to get connected.

Making iPhone 5 thinner and lighter required a pivotal change: replacing the 30-pin connector with something newer, smaller, and better. Introducing the Lightning connector. It features an all-digital, eight-signal design that’s significantly more durable than the 30-pin connector. Another brilliant feature of Lightning: It’s reversible. Which means there’s no wrong way to plug in the cable.

Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.

Soon many iPhone accessories will be Lightning compatible. But if you have one that depends on the 30-pin connector, you can still connect it to your iPhone 5. Simply use a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).

:shrug: They could be lying...but it seems they had a reason to change.

:shrug: They could be lying...but it seems they had a reason to change.

:lol:

They are going to make all yer $hit obsolete so you don't have to be inconvenienced by having to unplug the cable and plug it back in the other way?

Apple and I define inconvenient differently.

Edited by Clubfoothead

No proprietary software for me.

This, the only Apple product I have is an iPod that I got as a gift from work. Since I already had a smaller MP3 player I thought I knew how to use it. Was not thrilled to find out I had to load music using iTunes software. From what I hear Apple has continued down that path with their i-gadgets.

I'll give them kudos for being great at marketing. They have most of society convinced that they not only need an iPhone, but they need the latest and greatest version everytime a new one comes out.

:lol:

They are going to make all yer $hit obsolete so you don't have to be inconvenienced by having to unplug the cable and plug it back in the other way?

Apple and I define inconvenient differently.

:wacko:

Yeah...that was the part that defined the reason.

Or...it could have been that they needed to make the connector smaller so the body could be thinner....

Either way, you either want the product or you don't. I am fine with buying what I need to make it work if I decide I want it.

I'll stick with my iPhone 4, as I don't think the 5 will be that much better for the amount of money they want for it.

I have the 3GS and skipped the 4 and 4S so I'm now eligible for the upgrade. I can rationalize it to myself by skipping the in between versions. I'm not sure why some people needed the 3G, then the 3GS, then the 4, then the 4GS.

I am going to wait and see how it shapes up before I upgrade