[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Washing Machines (and Dryers)

TitansFan

I recently purchased my first home, and I need to get a washer and dryer. I've spent quite a bit of time looking at reviews and buying guides online, but it seems like every washer model I look at has reviews that are split evenly between "perfect" and "complete trash." Rather than continue to bash my head against the wall trying to figure it all out, I figured I'd go to the ultimate source for information on anything and everything - the Huddle.

I prefer top-loading washers over front-loading ones, mainly due to price and so I don't have to bend over. Are the HE top-loaders any good? All the reviews I've seen are mixed (as I mentioned). I've only ever used traditional models with agitators before and haven't had any issues with them. I'll probably go that route but figuring out which model to get is still a problem.

Anyone willing to share their experiences and/or recommendations? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Get a Speed Queen top loading washer and the cheapest dryer you can find. The new front-loaded machines are designed for a five year obsolescence. You can pay more for pretty, but there is a good reason laundromats still use Speed Queens.

I knew a speed queen once... He/she was a lot of fun. Kinda interesting I met him/her at a laundromat during a disco party.

GE, Whirlpool, Maytag.... All decent brands.