[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two idiots are going down the street

SEC=UGA

(CBS/AP) BELLINGHAM, Wash. — A Washington state man has been arrested on allegations that he pointed a handgun at a pregnant woman because she was smoking a cigarette.

Bellingham police spokesman Mark Young says 24-year-old Justin Dain Palmer stopped his pickup truck Wednesday to shout at a smoker on a sidewalk, "Who the heck smokes when they're pregnant?" The woman replied, "I do."

Young says that, after more words were exchanged, the man pointed a handgun at the woman. The Bellingham Herald reports the man was still sitting in the truck, about 10 feet from her, and that he then drove off.

The woman called 911.

Police stopped Palmer a short time later. Young says Palmer acknowledged confronting the woman but denied pulling a gun. Police say they found two semiautomatic .45-caliber handguns in his pickup's center console.

Young says Palmer was arrested for investigation of pointing a gun.

This reminds me of an instance from a trip to visit my wife's parents.

We are going through Waycross, GA, drving east on hwy. 82 through an older part of town. On the side of a road is a drive through liquor store that always has some interesting characters hanging around in front of the building. The speed limit is 35 and I am always able to see something interesting going on in front of this place.

I'm looking over toward the liquor store and I see, on foot, a person walking out from the drive through area. It is a roughly 22 -25 YO girl, OBVIOUSLY pregnant, cigarette in one hand, while she is taking a pull from a beverage in a brown paper bag. She is barefoot, wearing cut-off jeans and a flowery tank top.

Gotta love the deep south.

What better way to ensure the safety of an unborn fetus than to shoot the mom.

:wacko:

Let's pause for one moment........................................................................................................................................................

Might the baby be better off never being born, might society be better off from this baby never being born, might society be better off without an "adult" who makes such wise decisions?

Now, let's pause once more...............................................................................................................................................................

Might we all be better of if neither this lady nor her potential offspring are never allowed to vote?

Pause.................................................................................................................................................................................................

Let's pause for one moment........................................................................................................................................................

Might the baby be better off never being born, might society be better off from this baby never being born, might society be better off without an "adult" who makes such wise decisions?

Now, let's pause once more...............................................................................................................................................................

Might we all be better of if neither this lady nor her potential offspring are never allowed to vote?

Pause.................................................................................................................................................................................................

I say we're just as well off getting the dumbass who pointed the gun off the street and permanently losing his right to carry said gun.

• Like 1

What better way to ensure the safety of an unborn fetus than to shoot the mom.

:wacko:

I did not see where he shot her. Seems to me that he made a very poor decision to try to put the scare into her, and will now lose his right to carry because of it.

If anyone honestly thinks he had any intention of pulling the trigger on a woman he's trying to convince not to smoke because it's harming the baby, then you're looking for that conclusion. That's not to say that it's not completely negligent and an abuse of the right to carry, to use a gun in such a manner, however.

If anyone honestly thinks he had any intention of pulling the trigger on a woman he's trying to convince not to smoke because it's harming the baby, then you're looking for that conclusion. That's not to say that it's not completely negligent and an abuse of the right to carry, to use a gun in such a manner, however.

The first lesson my father taught me about guns was to never point one at a living being, loaded or unloaded, unless my intention was to kill it. Intentions don't make a difference when the gun goes off.

• Like 1

The first lesson my father taught me about guns was to never point one at a living being, loaded or unloaded, unless my intention was to kill it. Intentions don't make a difference when the gun goes off.

Agree 100% that it is totally negligent, and I was taught the exact same since I was a kid about not pointing at anything you don't plan to shoot, even if you don't think the gun is loaded.

Of course this guy will and should lose his license to carry or even have a gun for being so negligent about it, but I was refuting his logic that the guy was planning to shoot the girl to save the baby. He's right that is :wacko: , because that's not at all what happened.

That's not to excuse his negligence and improper use of a firearm by any means.

Nah, I was trying to be witty, since the story struck me as kind of ridiculous and over the top to begin with.

Good point though.

I would've ripped the baby out of my own vagina and slapped that gun out of his hands with my unborn fetus, gave it a puff on the cigarette, told him life was going to be tough and he better get used to it, and shoved both the gun and baby back up in my own stanky cooch while the guy stood there staring at his still bloodied empty hand all while singing Love Will Keep Us Together by Captain & Tenille.