[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now Peanut Butter & Jelly is racist?

rajncajn

In case you haven't noticed, pandering to minorities to the point of reverse discrimination is not an uncommon occurrence these days. Preaching equity to teachers in public schools is all well & good IMO, but this to me is taking it to the extreme. Teachers have more more important things to spend their time on worry about than whether the poor Mexican child understands what a sandwich is. (and yes, I do realize that is just an analogy) I understand making some concessions for children who may not know our language yet, but at some point it has to stop.

I agree. We need a stop to this madness. I think obviously we need to get rid of these hatefully insensitive teachers before they ruin any more young lives. Then we need to make every effort to make sure these kids feel right at home. I'd start by forming a violent drug cartel and get rid of all but the most manual labor jobs in the neighborhood so the Mexican kids don't feel alienated or think no one cares about them. Then we should bring in some famine, warring gangs, etc so the Somalis know we want them to feel as secure as if they were in Mogadishu. Industrial sewing and manufacturing should be provided to all the Asian children beginning in the 3rd grade.

We're so fortunate these kids are good enough to overlook the horrors they are put through here in this country. We really need to clean up our act lest they bid a hasty retreat to their countries of origin never to return :rollseyes:

Next up....

(CBS/AP) CRANSTON, R.I. - School officials in the Rhode Island city of Cranston have ended their traditional father-daughter dances and mother-son ballgames, saying the activities are a violation of state gender discrimination law.

School Superintendent Judith Lundsten told the Providence Journal the move came in response to a complaint from a single mother, after her daughter was not allowed to attend a father-daughter dance.

The American Civil Liberties Union sent a letter to school officials on behalf of the mother.

Lundsten says school attorneys found while federal Title IX legislation banning gender discrimination exempts such events, Rhode Island law does not.

School Committee member Janice Ruggieri said she believes the school system can adjust and host "family dances" to accommodate all types of parenting situations.

CBS Affiliate WPRI reports the decision comes just seven months after Cranston school officials removed a prayer banner from an auditorium in Cranston High School West after a federal judge ruled on behalf of a lawsuit filed by an atheist student.

The city received a $173,000 bill for legal fees in that case.