[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How not to climb up a ladder & jump into your pool

buddahj

I hate working on the ladder and am almost always by myself when I do it. So I make sure I have my cell phone with me.

Still trying to figure out what the guy was trying to do. Filming himself seems to indicate he was trying some dumb stunt or something. Or do people film themselves doing yard work and othe mundane tasks?

I hate working on the ladder and am almost always by myself when I do it. So I make sure I have my cell phone with me.

Still trying to figure out what the guy was trying to do. Filming himself seems to indicate he was trying some dumb stunt or something. Or do people film themselves doing yard work and othe mundane tasks?

It's from a longer clip. I couldn't find full video. I think it's a "jackass" style video.

I think it's pretty clear from the clip that he turns around to face the pool, attempts to jump, loses his footing and face plants. He did not simply fall from the ladder as the video description says.

Here's the full video...

:link:

Edited by buddahj

Seems like he must have been seriously injured, no? Makes me a bit uncomfortable watching it if the dude is now in traction or paralyzed, notwithstanding what a jackass he was for trying the stunt.

The film begins with a clip of Zavadil's most notorious stunt in which he attempted to dive into a covered swimming pool from a ladder. The ladder was unstable and his jump resulted in a head-first landing on the concrete deck. Zavaldil then fell into the tarp of the pool, and nearly drowned as it sank until a neighbor came by and saved him. Zavadil fractured his neck as a result requiring a six-month recovery.