[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

really really really dumb question............

frenzal rhomb

The peg for one of my vinyl shutters snapped off and the remians are inside the house wall where I cannot get it - tried a needle nose plier and cant grab it. I guess my next option is to bore it out. Should I use a drill bit the equivalent size of the bit it recommends for installation to bore it out and ....when boring it out, should the bit be spinning like Im drilling a hole or should I reverse it like Im backing something out?

If I can get this done, I will proudly claim back my testicles

The peg for one of my vinyl shutters snapped off and the remians are inside the house wall where I cannot get it - tried a needle nose plier and cant grab it. I guess my next option is to bore it out. Should I use a drill bit the equivalent size of the bit it recommends for installation to bore it out and ....when boring it out, should the bit be spinning like Im drilling a hole or should I reverse it like Im backing something out?

If I can get this done, I will proudly claim back my testicles

As best I know, those plastic screws are threaded. If you can somehow get a screw extractor to bite it it may back out. If not, you will need to get a drill bit the size of the screw and bore it out. When you put the new one in it may not fit snugly, put epoxy in the hole and quickly put the new screw in and hold it there for a couple minutes for the epoxy to set.

Is it in Brick, Stucco/EIFS, or some type of siding (hardie plank, wood, vinyl?)

Edited by SEC=UGA

As best I know, those plastic screws are threaded. If you can somehow get a screw extractor to bite it it may back out. If not, you will need to get a drill bit the size of the screw and bore it out. When you put the new one in it may not fit snugly, put epoxy in the hole and quickly put the new screw in and hold it there for a couple minutes for the epoxy to set.

Is it in Brick, Stucco/EIFS, or some type of siding (hardie plank, wood, vinyl?)

Its wood - the pegs arent really threaded but they are like ribbed condoms - where you line it up at the hole and jam it in. then the ribs prevent it from backing out.

The boring question again though - I assume the drill bit spinning like Im drilling a hole - I'm sure the recoil on the the other way would throw me off the roof

Edited by frenzal rhomb

What will probably happen is once you start drilling the plastic piece will get caught around the drill bit. Disclaimer: Sometimes what happens is the little plastic piece falls out of reach and because its so hot it catches your shudders on fire and before you know it your entire house is up in flames. Just sayin.

What will probably happen is once you start drilling the plastic piece will get caught around the drill bit. Disclaimer: Sometimes what happens is the little plastic piece falls out of reach and because its so hot it catches your shudders on fire and before you know it your entire house is up in flames. Just sayin.

Good thing the homeowners is paid up, plus I think you may be a funnin me

First I would try inserting a screw into it and using that as a handle to pull it out. Partially drill it with a small bit to start the screw and then do not insert the screw so far that you are wedging the broken peg and causing it to expand. If this does not work yu can drill the thing out but you will almost inevitably make the hole a little loose for the next peg. If so a bit of glue in the hole and a smal bit of tape around the peg should remedy that.