[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scam Newton

bostonsoxandy

I guess it did, but nobody really cared because he was a rookie. Rookies are immature. Now he isn't a rookie and people expected his maturity to naturally adjust, and for him to become a true leader. Just not seeing that at all.

I can't say what his character is like because I haven't spent a week with him, but all that about him lacking football skills is bunk.

I think maybe what people want is for him to get something comparable to an Eli Manning look when he throws a pick or fumbles, instead of smiling on the sidelines right afterward. Atm, he just doesn't look disgusted enough for fans to think he cares.

I think maybe what people want is for him to get something comparable to an Eli Manning look when he throws a pick or fumbles, instead of smiling on the sidelines right afterward. Atm, he just doesn't look disgusted enough for fans to think he cares.

Maybe he needs to show real tears like Peyton.

After IMO the best game of his career, he goes out has IMO the worst game of his career. He was abysmal today.

God awful. He was around 5-25 to start or something like that

Im a Seahawks fan and I'm going to disagree. Cam was brutal today. Staring down receivers. Short hopping balls. He would have made any D look good.

I didn't say all the credit. How many times was he hit or tackled when he try to escape the pocket. Forcing the ball to Steve Smith, was a bad game plan. Waiting till the fourth quarter to get Olson into the game, wasn't smart either. The fourth and goal pass he put in the dirt wasn't good to say the least. I'm not saying he wasn't bad i'm simply saying, overlooking the Seahawks game plan and the good thing they did on defense is wrong.

Edited by Seahawk

It wasn't all on Cam. There were 4-5 dropped passes and then several caught and fumbled, one important play got caught for a first down and fumbled and recovered backwards for a 4th down. Steve Smith was getting pissed and tackling DBs on the line of scrimmage for boneheaded penalties. The Seattle D had a bit do with the outcome of the game and Cam's lack of stats.

Edited by Grande F'n Juan

Man I could have really used even a decent game from Cam today. I have a lead but I have to sweat out some guys now . Even an average day from Cam would have helped

Im a Seahawks fan and I'm going to disagree. Cam was brutal today. Staring down receivers. Short hopping balls. He would have made any D look good.

Didn't help there were a half dozen drops and just plain dumb routes. Wasn't pretty on Newton's part, but Carolina looked bad all around.

It wasn't all on Cam. There were 4-5 dropped passes and then several caught and fumbled, one important play got caught for a first down and fumbled and recovered backwards for a 4th down. Steve Smith was getting pissed and tackling DBs on the line of scrimmage for boneheaded penalties. The Seattle D had a bit do with the outcome of the game and Cam's lack of stats.

Wow someone else in this thread watched the Panthers offense play too.

Steve Smith is 50/50 for doing something dumb each game.

Edited by WaterMan

Carolina is just bad period. Cam still has a lot to learn but I don't see him progressing in Carolina.

He would do better on a different team. Carolina has been bad for a long time. The only time people thought they were decent was when they got there wins by 1-3 points.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually impressed a little today. Twice I saw him inside the 10 and rather than calling his own number he actually used the rest of his offense to score! :shocking: Maybe he's starting to get it.

Did you hear that press conference? he's fed up with the team

One of life's biggest lamentations for me is how poorly sarcasm translates to text. :sad:

Thats what [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag is for. This dude is the media's wet dream though -- asking the media for help on what the team should do while wearing that ridiculous jacket. I don't know how long it'll take people to get it, Scam can get you some FF #'s but he is not helping Carolina. 1-5. ESPN's Total QBR ranking has him as the 25th best QB for this year, within a point of the likes of Blaine Gabbert and Carson Palmer. His Pass EPA (basically attempts to measure effectiveness of just passing plays) has him 28th in the league. Hell, even his run EPA is 5th behind Luck, RGIII, Ryan, and Rodgers.