[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok this takes the cake -

frenzal rhomb

Yesterday - I get home from work and proceed to the mailbox where I find a letter with a return address of an elementary school not in my school district.

I open it up and its a form letter on school letter head with a fill in the blanks. Its from my friends kid - to paraphrase it reads "Dear uncle Frenzal, will you please sponsor me for

$15__________ $ 20__________ $25_____________

as I will be walking/running around a track for an hour on November 2. All proceeds will go toward the purchase of Library books and technology for the school"

I nearly blew a gasket - bear in mind that this is an afluent district with their own tax base. I pay taxes to my own district and this is basically a neighboring district using kids to shake me down to subsidize another school districts tax base.

The proceeds dont go directly to my friends kid, its just a general fund for the school - are you f in kidding me???

Id be on board if this was something like a band trip or something that falls slightly outside the realm of the district budget - but they are asking their friends to pay what is essentially a tax to another district.

Hey - if you want my cash, put a little effort into it and sell me some f in hoagies or a lottery calendar, dont send my friends kids out in the cold to play for an hour while the teachers get to take a nice break and watch the kids walk around a track - TWINKIES ANYONE

I know when I was growing up that if we had not had computers with innernet access I would never have learned how to use the card catalog at the library.

I still don't understand why parents don't pay for school for their own f'n children they decide to pump out. I shouldn't be taxed because you can't stop breeding.

I have not reproduced and I dont like paying school taxes, but I accept it. What I do not accept is being asked to pay taxes to another district under the guise of charity and the guilt trip layed on me by using their kids to do it

I know when I was growing up that if we had not had computers with innernet access I would never have learned how to use the card catalog at the library.

another reason i hated education plus the queers at the main library that take ya clear upstairs and want you to follow them down a narrow aisle 10' tall

Dont deny the children just because they cant learn without a $10,000 smart-board in each classroom.

Hey schools, Want me to help out? Here is a box of chalk and a dictionary.