[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordy Nelson?

Coach1310

I like what ESPN said

"Nelson is not a No. 1 wide receiver. Let's be clear about that. When Greg Jennings is out, he often knocks out the fantasy value of both himself and Nelson in the process."

Nelson's strengths are his top end speed once he is up to speed, his strength, and his ability to stop suddenly and catch the back shoulder throw. Last year he was hit on slants, deep posts, and sideline stops. This year, due to Jennings injuries, Nelson has been catching buble screens, curls, and comebakcs. He does not have acceleration and these are not tailored to his skill set. He is getting no YAC. He needs to catch the ball in stride once he is up to speed. that is his game.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I have been thinking that the Packers have to do something to get him more involved but I sure as hell wasn't expecting that outburst. Of course they aren't going to score that many points each week but it looks like Jones and Nelson are the main targets in the Red Zone, so I expect he'll still have a decent season. Unfortunately though I just practically gave him away in a trade when I surely could have gotten more after this game.

I expected a 1000 yd, 7-8 TD season from Jordy..... and have been severely dissappointed. What is his value going forward? I would move him for a RB3 or RB4 at this point....

Thoughts?

He tried to get the 7 TDs last night for yah. Incredible performance.

Now the question is......... Since Nelson is on this 1 week high, should I try and trade him now if possible???

Got a guy in one of my leagues that is a hugh Packer fan, and wants / needs another quality WR, and after last night, I could probably deal Nelson to this guy. I highly doubt Nelson will put up "stud like" numbers again like he did last night... (he was the single reason I won this weeks matchup in a league this week)....

But after last nights performance, I'm trying to decide if he will fall back to mediocrity, or start putting up numbers indicative of his draft spot?? :shrug:

Maybe Green Bay and Rodgers see now the benefits of getting Nelson involved. He certainly would have caught most of the balls Finley has dropped. He is sure handed and makes the most of his catches.What he did last night is what he usually does when he gets targets.

Jennings could be back as soon as next week, nobody really knows, but when he does return it should be at the expense of James Jones more than Jordy.

I would be inclined to agree. I haven't watched the last two games, but simply guessed that Jordy's resurgence had much to do with Jones doing a better job of being Jennings and allowing Jordy to be Jordy. Something that should continue to work if Jennings returns.

I don't think your sig-line is long enough.

+1 and his font is way too large as well.

KO'd

His commissioners made him do it.

Can ignore sigs now click on X in upper right of the sig. I've had him on ignore for a while now.

:tup:

Edited by slambo