[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This forum

Czarina

It's people like stevegrab that have killed the funny in this place

Well, he, square, irish, waterman, mm, you get the point.

Oh, and puddy, montster, chavez, matt, nuke, timc and all the other minorities.

Was gonna make a new post w/ this, but as long as czar started it...I'll post here:

OK...maybe I'm talking out of school here, but all due respect to DMD and WW... they HATE the tailgate and always have. Yeah, they may like the techy posts, or the B'day posts, or whatever, but it's a pain to them to have to "monitor" it. They want to do their FF stuff and that is it. I think they have enuff oldtimers & newbs to satisfy themselves and keep the sight running well and still make enuff $$$. They maybe right. Hey it's their biz and they have the power. It screws the rest of us who have spent years discussing many topics (nasty or friendly) to have to find an outlet for our opinions, but such is life. I don't like it, I won't go to a new site and wait years to develop a reasonable persona (I'm too old for that), I'll stick around until the powers that be "86" the Tailgate all together and just read the main forum and my league forums. It's a shame though. I LOVE "The Huddle". It (the tailgate) got me thru my neck surgery (2002) and rehab and other hard times. It was a release, a sidebar, a way to cope. Thanks for the time to rant. Thanks for the time in the tailgate. David & Whitney I wish you the best, but I wish yall had a different tolerance level for the day to day BS!

Edited by rocknrobn26
  • Like 2

I love reading the forums esp this one. It had milk coming out of my nose lots of times when I laugh, but its a turn off when reading the bickering. I enjoy learning new opinions and many times I have changed my mind set after reading others here. There are a lot of smart guys here. It just seems like a flaming of each others stances.

Then again, maybe we are just sexually frustrated here and in need to discuss something we can all agree on. Women-folk. Oh, how I enjoy those cheerleaders, and make my wife dress up like one. Oh yes, bring-it-on!

Excuse me, i'll be back in a minute.

I am not a minority...in person or in the opinion that this site isn't for the long-term which is unfortunate. Can't imagine a better online community. Many of us have shared our most personal feelings and situations. I don't post nearly as much as I used to so maybe I'm part of the problem. However, other sites continue to grow and that is a reflection of the folks who run the site. DMD and WW sold out a few years back. Not sure if that happened elsewhere but this place is a fraction of what it used to be. And that makes me sad.

If you posted in an enlightened three page thread about racial stereotypes in football last Wednesday in the NFL forum, your posts would still be up.

If you were one of the 15 posts in the presidential debate thread, the thread got deleted.

Duh.

Meh. It was a good run. Let's give props to DMD for creating this place where we've made friends and had a lot of laughs. It's now jumped the shark in a big way, but, you know, memories last a lifetime or whatever. Onward to better things...

I guess you can count me among the minority. I, for one, still greatly enjoy this place. Sure it's mellowed out, but I don't think you can blame that on just the admin either. You all are responsible for the content, they are just responsible for policing what goes over the line. Everyone here should be vividly aware of what is allowed and what is not and I don't think anyone should act surprised when their political thread gets the gun. Other than those, the admin are usually pretty lenient and consistent with how it's always been.

Anyway, that's just my :2cents: . I'm not going anywhere. I've been around here for somewhere around 15 years (dear God). I've seen a lot of changes and a lot of folks come & go, but the heart of this place has always remained. If there is something you are missing, then you're just going to have to find another place to vent it, but I still see no reason to just give up on, what I think, is still very much alive here.

• Like 1

More or less agree with Rajn. I've made some great friendships over the years thanks to this place. DMD has always been a stand up guy. The main difference is that they have been forced to enforce the posting rules because too many people ignore them and it has created an overly hostile environment not conducive to what the huddle is or wants to be about. Technically we are all responsible for it ourselves, kind of hard to blame the admins. :shrug:

Just my :2cents:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

You get an "A" for effort on the damage control.

Tell Bushwacked and Yukon we said "hi".

:lol:

I truly meant that...and I'm not going anywhere either but I'm afraid that the site may be. I just don't understand how competing sites have figured out how to keep the forums thriving. Weird.

More or less agree with Rajn. I've made some great friendships over the years thanks to this place. DMD has always been a stand up guy. The main difference is that they have been forced to enforce the posting rules because too many people ignore them and it has created an overly hostile environment not conducive to what the huddle is or wants to be about. Technically we are all responsible for it ourselves, kind of hard to blame the admins. :shrug:

Just my :2cents:

I agree with Roger Goodell...